17 week appointment

iVillage Member
17 week appointment
Fri, 03-04-2011 - 9:52am

Yesterday we had a 17 week appointment with out midwives. Everything is going well, and I love them. I feel so much more confident that they will help me have a VBAC. I almost burst into tears when we spent a good 5 minutes looking for our baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. Nothing. No sounds but my own. I couldn't have held DH's hand any harder. The midwife brought us to the next room and did a quick ultrasound and our Punkin is just fine. Turns out my placenta is right on top and difficult to hear through (which also explains a slight lack of feeling baby move) the little one was dancing and playing and hiccuping. Moving so much we never even got an heartbeat reading with the U/S either! We did get a pic though and it's always nice to see our baby.Also, someone's legs were crossed, so we could not see it's junk. lol

We also scheduled our level II U/s for March 16th, which is the same day we fly to California to visit my inlaws, so it's great timing. Now I just want to figure out a way to hurry time up so we can get to the 16th faster! I want to know what my baby is. Okay, I really want a girl. I'm going to have some disapointment to deal with if Punkin's a boy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2011 - 10:48am
Glad your appointment went well! I agree that not being able to find the hb with a doppler is so stressful during those few minutes... I had that happen at my 14 week app. Anyway KUP on the next u/s. I also want a girl and just want to find out the sex so I can prepare myself if it's a boy, lol... :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563