21 week u/s-good news and bad news

iVillage Member
21 week u/s-good news and bad news
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 11:50pm

Same as PAL and RPL:

I had my 21 week scan yesterday with the Maternal Fetal Medical team at a specialized hospital for women several hours away from our house.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2011 - 4:50am
Sounds like such an amazing u/s experience. That's great news about everything looking normal and healthy with baby! I have never heard of the notching you are talking about, but my thoughts are with you that everything turns out fine!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2011 - 1:20pm
yay for a good scan! i've never heard of notching either, but i hope it goes away! you've made me very excited because i just found out that i have to go get a scan at a maternal/fetal medicine place too (not for anything concerning luckily, or baby girl is just being super stubborn about letting us get a good view of her heart). i hope our u/s is as detailed as yours (and yes, i also want some confirmation that she's a girl! lol)
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2011 - 3:00pm

Hi there Triona-

I have no experience with this type of issue but I am very familiar with being very high risk and I've had 2 first trimester miscarriages that I know of. It took 11 months to concieve DD (21 months to concieve and keep #2) and she was my first so idk if I had any m/cs with/before so her I just wanted to tell you that I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a fantastic u/s in 3 weeks. I am so happy you finally got your rainbow!

I think everything is going to be a-ok for you (Torie got her rainbow too so NEVER give up hope!)...I have a severe and deadly genetic condition that occurs in the 3T and it is very scary. My mom had it with all 5 pregnancies and I was born at 30 weeks and my sister was born at 33.5 weeks and died as a result of it (within less than a half hour of birth). They got me to 37 weeks with DD but the whole 3T I was so scared, especially when the doc says there is a good chance of intrauterine fetal demise and/or stillbirth so I had to be very closely monitored weekly with u/s and bloodwork and medication.

So I can definitely identify with your fear. Try not to let it take over your mind too much - just take it one day at a time. I really do have a good feeling about this LO of yours and I think before long, you'll be holding her in your arms. I'm 3 weeks from my 3T and already getting very nervous but I am trying not to worry too much until at least the 3T.

Take care and know I am thinking of you and if you ever need to talk you can e-mail me at silversaavik@aol.com or if you have FB or AIM chat, we can talk anytime. Aren't u/s the best? Seeing that beautiful baby active and moving is just so wonderful!

Try not to worry too much! A lot of us are TTCAM grads and we are here!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2011 - 3:13pm
Great news on the health of the baby. Now please just relax and take it slow. You will see that you will be fine.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2011 - 9:06pm
Good news on your little girl. My thoughts and prayers that the notching goes away