28 week appt

iVillage Member
28 week appt
Fri, 05-13-2011 - 5:25pm

Good appt, I think.

Baby's heart rate = 145 (it's been there for awhile)

I only gained 3 lbs (awesome considering I've already gained 29 lbs overall)

I am however measuring at 29 weeks, which didn't freak my midwife at all, but it did me!!

iVillage Member
In reply to: tlb_g
Fri, 05-13-2011 - 5:43pm
great appointment, good news on passing the glucose test! I take my test next week, a little worried. The baby must have had a growth spurt. I measured 26 weeks at my 24 week appointment. I'm anxious to see if I'm measuring big still next week. It's amazing we are down to every 2 weeks now.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-13-2011 - 5:55pm

Yay for a great "uneventful" appointment!! I always feel good when nothing really happens:) With all 3 of my pregnancies I have always measured a little small (I measured 22 weeks at my 24 week appointment) which completely CRACKS me up because my babies are never "small"!! I am 5'3'' and 107 pounds when I'm not pregnant (don't know why I can never be less than or more than 107!) and they guestimated my little girl to be around 6 1/2 to 7 pounds at 40 weeks when I had her...HAHAHA she was 8 pounds:) My son was born 2 weeks early and was 8 pounds 9 ounces!! So...I always have a smile on my face when they measure because I know even though I may measure small, my child certainly will not:):)

I go in next week for my 28 week appointment complete with a follow-up ultrasound and glucose test. YAY for 2 week appointments!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-14-2011 - 6:19pm
That is a good appointment :) I wouldn't worry too much about a 116 though- that is a really good number and in no way barely passing! I've been researching on gestational diabetes like a crazy person (lol) and A normal, non pregnant person should have a blood sugar less than 140 one hour after eating. During pregnancy they are even stricter on blood glucose control just to be on the safe side. If you really are concerned about looking at diet changes, this is what the nutritionist and diabetes educator told me to do if you are gestational diabetic :
1. No fruit in the morning.
2. No juice EVER. Same with soda, candy, cakes, sweets, chips...
3. Stick with 30g or less of carbs for breakfast (BTW- this rules out cereal with milk... I either have a piece of bread with peanut butter, or a whole wheat english muffin with ham and cheese).
4. Have 3 snacks & 3 meals a day (never go more than 3 hrs without eating)
5. Aim for 30 g of carbs with snacks, 45g with meals.
6. Drink 10-12 glasses of water a day... it helps to make the glucose less concentrated in your blood.

Hope that helps, but I would not be concerned with a 116 :) I've been checking my blood sugar 6-8x/day and that is a great number for anyone one hour after eating :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 1:27am
Thanks for the diet tips ...

I think it surprised me some because with my first baby, they actually induced hypoglycemia my insulin was working so well ... my blood sugar was 64 mg/dcl. I quite literally nearly passed out and had to have a glass of milk to raise my blood sugar just so I could drive home.

With baby #2, I think it was like 93 ... so 116 seemed like a big jump!

Way back in my pre-baby days when I had the time to be particular about what I ate, I tended to eat a "lower" carb diet and I have to say I really did feel and generally do better on this diet. I did eat fruit and dairy and oatmeal, but not a lot of pastas, breads, etc. Most of my carbs were from veggies (think Abs Diet, although I hadn't heard of the abs diet at the time).

Thanks again for all the info ... it does make me feel better!
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 4:12am
thanks, that is great info to know!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&