29/30 Week Appt

iVillage Member
29/30 Week Appt
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 2:39pm

Well yesterday was my 29/30 week appointment along with my gestational diabetes class. To be honest I was preparing myself for the worst, it wasn't bad AT ALL. I'm honestly going to have to FORCE myself to eat as much as they want me too. I need 215 carbs a day which seems like a ton to me since I'm so used to eating only twice a day. Todays my first "full" day of the glucose monitoring and what not and its so much easier then I expected. Levels have been awesome and I'm so relieved. As for the appointment, it was pretty much same old same old. My doctor made me feel awesome, she had GD with her daugther and told me if I ever needed advice or to just vent she was only a phone call away. That she knew how frustrating it could get. Seeing a medical professional say she had it and it was nothing I did wrong made me feel a billion times better. They did a blood draw to check my a1c and while I was talking to the lab tech she told me she had GD with BOTH of her daughters. Once again...made me feel great that I had people that understood and I wasn't so alone. I feel so much better and I feel like I can make this work and control it. My GTT results weren't sky high so they aren't crazy worried, but better to be safe then sorry. Baby's heartbeat was 147 and I think she's head down, her heartbeat was below my belly button and her little feet just LOVE to kick my ribs. A huge relief for me because DD was NEVER head down, hence my c-section. Blood pressure is great and I've only gained 8 1/2 pounds so far. So we're just taking it one day at a time. So far so good :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 4:10pm
YAY for a great appointment :) I'm glad they made you feel better! There really is nothing you can do to avoid GD... pregnancy hormones do crazy things all on their own! I hope your numbers stay great :) 215 is a nice number of carbs. I think I get 210 or something like that... I still can't get up to the recommended number of calories (2200), but I usually eat around 1800-1900/day which is why I'm not gaining weight. A perk of not eating anything tasty, I guess ;) Just can't eat enough vegetables to make those calories up.
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 5:14pm

I'm glad to hear that your appointment went well!