32 1/2 week appt

iVillage Member
32 1/2 week appt
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 6:08pm

My weight gain has slowed to a more normal rate, but I'm already the size of a barn ... so that's icky, given the 100+ temps I'm not living with.

But the appt was fine.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 6:37pm
yay for a boring appointment :) and way to go for taking o-chem! I finished up my classes in May and I don't think I'm going to start back up until January this time. With my DD I only took 8 weeks off from school, but it is tough to juggle kids, school & being pregnant/having a newborn! seriously- you are superwoman :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 8:15pm
Thanks for the rah! rah! pep talk ...

I think I'm a little crazy. In fact, I've told my husband, I'm giving it through our first exam (this Friday - we have an exam every Friday and a comprehensive exam at the end of 4 weeks). We'll see how it goes. If I feel the need to withdraw from the class then, I will. I just didn't want to be taking two classes in a semester after the baby was born. My PA school will be full-time and intense but won't officially start until baby is almost 2 - and I will hire a full-time nanny at that point.

So I wanted the remaining pre-reqs to be as painless as possible. I will actually be taking one class this fall. Sadly it has a lab, but it's also a review (I took a similar course and got an A 20 years ago, but I feel the need to review before taking Human Anatomy and Human Physiology in the spring / next fall).

I hate being back in school. And am terrified of PA school. But I know in the end it will be worth it. I've wanted to work in medicine since I was an undergrad student the first time but through a series of short-sighted decisions couldn't fathom grad school, etc.

So now, I feel med school is too far outside my reach (3 kids / 36 years old). It's just not a commitment I'm willing to make for 10 years. But I can get through PA school in 2 1/2 years. Only 17 mos of intense class work (school is 8-5 every day with studying every night), but then it's clinicals which should be slightly less onerous.

Then by the time new baby is 4, I'll be able to work part-time ... PAs are in HUGE demand in my area. I can work part-time with my journalism degree, but after moving from the big city, the field isn't lucrative enough to make even working full-time worth it. Part-time is just silly because I lose all my money to taxes (since I have to pay on my measly salary at the same rate as my husband).

Anyway ... thanks for the cheers. It does help to hear that it might be normal I feel so crazed half the time.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 8:23pm
Yeah for good appts! :)

Melissa