34.5 week appt

iVillage Member
34.5 week appt
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 6:49pm

Baby's heart rate was normal -144.

iVillage Member
In reply to: tlb_g
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 8:17pm
Nice appointment :) If you want to up your protein I highly recommend greek yogurt. It has up to 20 gms of protein in a cup and tastes ok- especially with fruit :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 9:21pm
I'm actually a big fan of Greek yogurt! We buy a few different varieties, but I think oikos is becoming one of my preferred brands. I really like Fage with honey, but the vanilla oikos is nice w/ fresh berries and my pumpkin seed granola. I have regular yogurt right now because they were out of the greek yogurt last time i went to the store.

You're absolutely right though ... this is a nice treat and I need to move that way. I've got to eat better in general. It's just SO VERY HOT!!! We actually broke a heat record for most 100+ days in June that's been in place since 1933. When it's this hot, I just want to eat all cold food (which the yogurt is too) ... but I mean in general, all I want is ... fruits, whole wheat cold pasta w/ pesto, ice cream ... I think I've been living on those foods. All reasonably good and healthy, but all high in sugar/carbs and low in protein :-(
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 1:29pm
I love the Oikos also, but for some reason it is not always available in the stores! The caramel is my favorite- especially with apple slices :) Lol, now I'm hungry again :) And pumpkin seed granola sounds heavenly... And I hear you on hot weather and ice cream! I've been eating quite a few fudgcicles to satisfy my cravings and since they don't seem to raise my blood sugar I don't feel bad about them at al!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563