39.5 week appt - progress :-)

iVillage Member
39.5 week appt - progress :-)
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 4:53pm

I had my weekly appointment today and I've made a little progress :-) OB said that i'm about 1 cm and my cervix is "favorable and mid-plane" which I took to mean soft and moving toward the front. I was really happy to hear this since at the last appt I was still closed and only a little effaced and the OB I saw that time started talking about an induction before 41 weeks.

We are scheduling an induction - but not until after 41 weeks and today's OB said she really didn't think I'd make it that long. I'm due this Saturday, the 20th,

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 6:09pm
At least you know it'll be soon :) I was 5cm about an hour after my drs appointment where I was not dilated at all! Good job schedule the induction to make them happy.....I did the same thing and then cancelled it the day before

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 5:41pm
:) great news!! now just relax and go out to dinner a lot and movies & anything else you might want to do without a baby in tow :) your little one will be here SOON! I can't wait to hear your birth story... i know you can have the birth you want...
~Andrea~ IMG_1563