Blue Team x2!

iVillage Member
Blue Team x2!
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 9:40am

After two wonderful daughters, I am having two boys! I feel like we hit the jackpot! Although I was kind of hoping for a boy and girl, I think this is actually completes our family just great! My husband couldn't be happier. And my family has finally shut up about how they would feel sorry for my husband if he ended up with 4 girls...I was really getting tired of those rude comments! Four girls would have been fine! But wow....boys!

We will have Alexander Joseph (baby B) and Michael ? (baby A). Just need that one middle name!

Oh, and btw, I know 15 weeks is early to find out gender, but I'm seeing a high risk doctor with a level II u/s and internal u/s every 2 weeks. So I hope to confirm the boy thing again in 2 weeks...but it looked pretty darn obvious to everyone, so I'm just gonna go with it!

So the only problem I having with the two boys thing is, how am I going to get rid of all the girl clothes I have? There are too many memories attached to those clothes, especially the preemie and nb sizes. I really cannot just give them away...I feel like I have to give them to someone close to me expecting a girl because I want to see those clothes on another little girl! I will be a wreck when I have to sort through them to give them away! Anyone else feel a weird attachement to their baby's clothes???? Or am I an emotional nutcase???

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 10:11am
Congratulations on the boys! I love boys! I don't think you're a nutcase, but everything in moderation. I kept two or three sentimental clothing items from my son's baby year, and I intend to either use them on future children, or keep them as heirlooms. I like to imagine my son putting them on his son. I kept very showpiece sorts of outfits-homemade, knitted, etc. The others were put into the baby clothes train that runs through my huge family constantly. I'm really hoping to get them back, but it's just not possible to hold onto them because of space. I think it would be really sweet to keep a few things to show to your daughters. It might help them prepare for the new babies, too. Kids love to hear about when they were babies.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 2:50pm
Congrats on team blue!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 5:15pm
Congrats!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 7:34pm

Congratulations!!!

baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 8:33pm

Wow what a perfect mix! That is so awesome, congrats on your two little boys. I totally feel you on the baby clothes thing, thats why I'm kind of glad we're having another girl, I can't wait for her to wear those little onsies and sleepers again, plus it makes me happy to be able to reuse them. I don't have anyone in my family that would be having kids any time soon so they would have just sat there.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-11-2011 - 1:45am
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 7:21am

Maybe you could keep some of the smaller onesies / not so special clothes for your girls to dress their dolls in? I had some of my baby clothes for my dolls when I was little and I loved imagining myself in them as a baby. They were a lot more special than the dolls clothes and I loved telling everyone that they were mine when I was a baby.