Doctors Appointment Yesterday!

iVillage Member
Doctors Appointment Yesterday!
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 3:40pm

So I had my second doctors appointment today and while it went perfectly fine there were a few bumps. My doctor scheduled me for the first trimester screening bloodwork and ultrasound. So for the past four weeks I've been going crazy waiting to see my little one. I got my mom to watch DD and my hubby and I went in. Then I get called up to the desk and told that I'm only here for bloodwork and a normal appointment. I corrected her and told her the DOCTOR told me I was having an ultrasound. So they called me back into a room and my doctor walked in. She said "are you excited for your ultrasound?!". I then told her what happened and she was so confused. She went and talked to the other doctors and they told her they wanted to wait a week since I had just turned 11 weeks. UGH!! What a bummer. So I have my ultrasound next wednesday...another long week of waiting. But on a positive note, I heard the heartbeat, 160 bpm, it was the greatest sound in the world. It made all the drama of the day worth it. Weight and blood pressure were good. And after having preeclampsia with DD so far things have been great (fingers crossed). I'm seriously in love with my new doctors and I'm SO SO glad I switched. Most doctors wouldn't care that you were bummed about not getting an ultrasound but she was so understanding and was just as bummed as I was. She promised me we'd have a great time next week and it made me feel awesome. She's only one of 4 doctors so I'm not sure how the rest of them are, but they all seem nice so we'll see! I go back in 4 weeks, so I'll be about 15-16 weeks....wow this pregnancy is going fast! Time to slow down!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-27-2011 - 9:20am
Yay for a heartbeat! Sorry that you have to wait longer for your ultrasound, though. That's great that you really like your new doctor. A good caregiver is worth his/her weight in gold! FX that your blood pressure stays normal!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-02-2011 - 7:57pm
Two thumbs up for your appt.