fetal ekg & 32 week appt

iVillage Member
fetal ekg & 32 week appt
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 3:19pm

i had a fetal ekg yesterday (which is basically an u/s with a fetal cardiologist focusing on the heart). my dr wanted to get one because baby girl has thus far been very stubborn about laying in a position where they can get good views of the heart. well, yesterday was no exception, but after an hour of some serious poking, prodding and pushing, the cardiologist was able to see enough to give her heart the green light. i seriously thought i was going to have bruises on my belly they way they were using that u/s wand! lol. but i'm really glad that they got satisfactory views of the heart. the really great news was - baby has turned head down!! yay! this has alleviated some of my fear of having to have a c-section (i realize she could turn again before delivery time, but i'm trying to be optimistic!)

right after the ekg, i had my regular 32 week check-up at my ob's. i finally got to meet the last of the ob's who could deliver me (there are 4 all together) and i think she was my favorite so far besides the ob i've seen the most and consider "my" ob. everything went smoothly...one thing is i had an appt with my cardiologist

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 5:31pm

Yay for a great appointment: ) Glad they got the views of the heart and that everything looks good!!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 6:48pm
great news! I was sore after all the pressing during my 20 week u/s. no fun! Yay that she turned, what a relief! glad the blood pressue is undercontrol. mine goes to 90/50 and it kind of worries me that I'm still alive, lol

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 7:10pm
Yay for a great appointment and awesome blood pressure!!!! You sound so prepared and well educated on your birth plan I'm sure you will do great and have the birth you want! Just remember to not sweat the small things & try to prioritize what is the most important. And enjoy!!!! Labor is not so bad, especially after 9 months of torture on our bodies, lol.
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 4:08am
Job well done on their part. I know you truly don't mind a little bruise just so long as you get good news :o) That's it pretty much almost to the finish line.