I feel like I cheated on the 1 hour glucose! What to do?

iVillage Member
I feel like I cheated on the 1 hour glucose! What to do?
Mon, 06-06-2011 - 4:36pm

Okay, for some reason, my doctor's office sort of forget about my 1 hr glucose.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
They didn't say, but I had mine done at the lab at the hospital across the street from my clinic. Hubby works there and the insurance insists we use their lab bc it's cheaper, but it's not as personal and friendly, so....anyway I would wait and see the result. If you pass it with room to spare, don't worry about it. If you pass it by a couple of points, maybe you should mention it. I mean, I know they're giving you a very specific amt. of sugar and testing it after a very specific amount of time has passed, but either your body can process that sugar or it can't. If your number is well within the passing range, I wouldn't worry.
baby
iVillage Member
We are allowed to drink anything we want while waiting for the test. I was told I had to drink the liquid within 5 minutes (no problem for me, I chugged it, fortunately it was lemon-lime flavor and actually not half bad) and then not eat anything else. Water to drink was totally okay, and I did drink water over the hour!

Melissa
iVillage Member
I kind of felt that way too, because I ate more protein before the test than I usually eat. I'm usually eating a lot of carbs. After I drank the glucose drink, I was allowed to have water. If concerned, i'd just bring it up to the dr. They may say it's fine to reassure you...or have you re-test.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Didn't have any water with my 1 hr, but with my 3 hr I drank A LOT of water (probably 40+ oz) and still failed. If you passed, you passed :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member

My doctor's office says water during that time is just fine.

iVillage Member

I passed the 1 hr this time but failed it last pregnancy. The nurse this time told me just a sip or two of water.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I don't think it matters. I ate before my test (Dr. said I could) and I drank water before, during and after the drink and I still failed....

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Never mind. I.failed anyway.
 BabyFetus Ticker