JoiningTeam...

iVillage Member
JoiningTeam...
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 10:06pm
I DON'T KNOW!!!! lol.

We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday. The good news is the baby is growing just fine & is measuring right on with the due date (8/20). The less than good news is we also have a stubborn LO! The tech couldn't see the gender! So now we have to wait until May 20 to try again. I was so disappointed, but what are you going to go? I think I am now officially going to be the last yellow teamer to know.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 3:13am
Awww, well I'm glad the baby looks healthy! He/She is showing you who is boss! Was the baby head down or head up? I'm sure you'll be able to tell by the next u/s!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 9:26am

ohh how frustrating! I was so worried that was going to happen with my scan but we were able to see so I can't imagine another wait to find out if s/he is going to let us know. Hopefully s/he has gotten over the shyness by the next scan!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 10:34am
Aww, that is SO frustrating! I'm so sorry! At least you get another peak at the baby, but it is torture having to wait so long!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 12:12pm
Oh no. Too bad the couldn't get you in before the end of the month. I'm crossing my fingers something opens up earlier for you.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 1:13pm
Thanks ladies!

The baby was actually laying straight across, lol. Head on my right side, feet on my left. :-)
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 6:49pm
Oh no! So sorry. I told my OB I was worried about that happening to me and she told me no fear, we'll use the UT in the office if we need to find out for you! :)

Here's hoping May 20th speeds up...otherwise, if your Dr has a UT machine in the office, you might try to convince them to take a quick peek for you...

Melissa
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 9:29pm
I'm actually going to have several more ultrasounds because of PIH & being overweight (they can't measure the growth of my uterus the normal way to track babies growth) so I'm not too worried about not being able to find out eventually... It's just soooo hard to wait! Lol. I really want to go register but don't feel like I can until I know what we're having!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 8:57pm
Don't wait to register until you know! :) DH and I went last weekend to BabiesRUs and Target. We want multiple children so most of the things we registered for are gender neutral. I'll add things like bedding sets, clothing, etc once we know! The stores in our area aren't huge anyway so I have to add a bunch online. Plus, I find it's a little overwhelming to try to get everything in one shot. We haven't told people our registry is up yet so we still have time to get the right items on it.

One thing I did was to set my due date earlier than it is. I did it because I don't want anyone to know my DD other than 'end of August' so I just put 8/1. Then I found out they send out registry completion coupons about 2 weeks before your DD which I thought was cutting it awfully close! Anyway, it'll work out well for me since I'll get my coupons in mid-July, plenty of time to finish all my shopping and we just told people we're due at the end of the month.

Melissa
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 10:30am
Update!

my dr called yesterday to say that she wanted to try another u/s this week since they couldn't get very good pictures of the baby's heart & spine last week. i'm not sure how much difference a week is going to make (i think a lot of the reason they didn't get accurate pics is because i'm heavy), but i have another u/s appt on friday morning. so, i'm not holding my breath, but it is possible we could find out the gender this week :-) regardless, i'll still have the may 2nd u/s to track growth.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 10:47am
Good ideas with the registry. I may up DS's due date to get coupons faster too. We also registered for gender neutral big ticket items last time with DD so most of can be reused. (stoller, carseat, highchair, bumpo, etc.)