Naming crisis and 37 week appt.

iVillage Member
Naming crisis and 37 week appt.
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 3:04pm

Okay I'm still not sure about this kid's name.

baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 6:04pm
I actually like Hale quite a lot ... and I think Andrew Hale flows quite nicely. My SIL were talking over lunch about how neat it is when mom can use her maiden name as a middle name for her son ... personally I love it!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 6:24pm
Thank you. Several people have said they like that one and it's probably what we'll go with. I don't know why some days it sounds okay to me and others it seems all wrong.
baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 7:14pm
What about naming him Hale Andrew? That sounds nice. And it's different.

Also, It's not really my business, but why are they doing an ultrasound to see your baby's weight about the VBAC? Do you have a history of 12 pound babies, babies getting stuck or an odd past surgical history? If not, IMHO, I'd skip it. the key to a VBAC is staying positive. Our bodies don't make babies that are too big for us. It's absolute crap unless you have something unique about you.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 9:38pm
Oh I like Hale as a first name as well, it's so unique.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 10:28pm
No, my last one was 8 lbs 14 and she said it might be worth knowing how big he is at this point. I haven't decided whether we are going to do it. For one thing, they are usually wrong with their weight guesses. For another, if she checks at 38.5 weeks and I go another 2 weeks, we really won't know how big he'll be at the time of birth. And I tend to agree with you that doctors worry too much about big babies. I mean, 12 lbs would be too big, but 9 probably isn't. Today's visit was a quick one. I plan to talk to her about it more in-depth at my next one.
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 4:47am
I like Andrew Hale! But I totally understand about not being sure about a name. I agree it feels great to be winding down to the due date.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 6:40am
I am a huge fan of using mom''s maiden name as a first or middle name if it is a neat sounding name. I like Andrew Hale lots!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 8:24am

I love the name Andrew.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 10:19am
Hi there, I hate to overstep my bounds or offend, especially if you do choose the name Andrew after all, but I can sort of see what you mean about not being "over the moon" about the name. Don't get me wrong...Andrew is a great name and totally respectable, but I specifically remembered you want to keep your name private and were irritated when other people tried to intrude on your name. Then when I saw you decided on Andrew, I was surprised, bc I thought for all the secrecy, it would be a name a little less ordinary. It's like keeping the name "Michael" a secret.

Anyhow, I agree that Hale Andrew has more oomph to it. Plus, Hale is a family name and I like the meaning for a strong big boy which your doctors seem to be predicting.

I do understand wanting to give your husband his choice in names though...and Andrew is not a bad name...but I like names that are not totally common and I think Hale is that, without being totally without a connection to you.

Sorry in advance if I've offended you...just giving my honest opinion.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 12:08pm

The point in keeping the name a secret wasn't because it was a unique name or anything; it was just that we hadn't decided and kept changing our minds. We didn't want to put Andrew out there as the name and have people getting stuff monogrammed and so forth and then decide to change it. I was irritated when my mother insisted I tell her what names we were considering and then poo-pooed on the name we had in mind at the time.

baby