Unexpected Appt Today!!

iVillage Member
Unexpected Appt Today!!
Thu, 02-24-2011 - 12:53am

Well today (I guess techinically yesterday) was definitely chaotic and rewarding all at the same time. I had a doctors appointment scheduled for 2:45 and was getting ready. I wasn't really paying attention when I got out of the shower and missed my bath mat. My foot was wet and slipped out from under me and I hit the bathroom floor....hard. I sat there for a little bit scared to death. I landed on my side/front and my back and hip were KILLING me. At first I was just sore, then the cramps started. I just layed there for a few minutes almost afraid to get up but I knew I had to call the doctor. It was about 1 o clock and they told me to just come in to be safe. My mom watched my daughter and my hubby and I drove to the doctors. I was a nervous wreck. My back was throbbing and I was having menstral like cramps. I was trying not to freak out but it was almost impossible. We got there and they called me back, at first it seemed like they were just going to do a routine appointment and I was a little annoyed. I didn't know if the baby and I were ok, I didn't know what was going on. So finally the doctor started talking to me about the fall and I explained everything to her. She listened for the heartbeat and only got it for a split second, adding to my stress. She then told me she wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok and while it was a relief I got even more worried. What if something was wrong? What if my baby was hurt? I was freaking out waiting for the ultrasound room to open up. Finally they called us back and I got on the table practically shaking. I watched the screen and let out a huge sigh. There was our baby, flipping and spinning and going nuts. It definitely explained why the doctor couldn't get the heartbeat. She checked the placenta and the baby, did some measurements and everything was PERFECTLY FINE!!!! I couldn't get the smile off of my face. Then she pulled the ultimate surprise, she took a peek between the legs. She said she's about 85 to 90% sure we are having another LITTLE GIRL!!!!!! It was really obvious on the big screen, the definite three little lines, it looked just like my daughters ultrasound, no wee wee in sight. 4 different angles and the same thing, three lines. I have another ultrasound on March 5th, and one more on March 16th just to make sure everything stays ok. But she said she was positive we would be told it was a girl. I was measuring almost 16 weeks so a few days ahead, not sure if they'll change my due date or not. But I'm just so relieved that a scary situation turned into such an amazing experience. Congrats if you've made it this far, I just realized how long this is! Haha

Here are some pictures of our "little girl"!!

babyy1 - Copy.jpg

babyy4 - Copy.jpg

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-24-2011 - 4:40am
Oh no I'm sorry about your fall! Glad everything turned out ok and you were able to find out the sex! Funny how something bad can turn good. Cute pictures of your little one....I can't believe how BIG our babies are getting now :)

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-24-2011 - 9:37am
I'm glad everything turned out so well!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-24-2011 - 10:36am
Awww!! Yay!! Congrats on your little GIRL! And I'm so glad everything is okay. Falls are so scary! What a relief and what a great suprise! :)
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-24-2011 - 10:28pm

Awe, she's beautiful!!! So happy to read the happy ending to you scary story; I would be terrified, too! My eyes got bigger, and my hand went to my mouth as I was reading. Hope your hip and back feel better soon - that sounds painful.

Photobucket