ALEXEE BROOKE WAS BORN ON MY GRANDPA'S BIRTHDAY!

iVillage Member
ALEXEE BROOKE WAS BORN ON MY GRANDPA'S BIRTHDAY!
Sat, 08-20-2011 - 11:12pm
I came in for an induction but the only thing they did was break my water! I was able to take off from there. I started the morning dilated to 3. After he broke my water at 7:30 a.m. it was a crazy long morning with lots of painful contractions. Her head was turned wrong giving me horrendous back labor. I got an epideral at 12:30 and had relief for about 3-4 contractions and then started hurting again. I was beginning to think the epideral was not working. They were just about to get the guy back up to fix it but decided to check me. I was complete. Her head was right there. The panic was on trying to get the room ready for the birth. When he finally let me push, her head was out in the first contraction and body came out in the next contraction.

She was 7 lbs 4 oz. 21 inches long. She was born on what would have been my grandfathers 87th birthday if he were still alive.

We are so in love. My boys are wrapped around her tiny finger. :)
iVillage Member
Aww, congratulations! That's awesome that you were able to avoid induction meds and that she came out so fast! How special that she was born on your grandpa's birthday :-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Congratulations!! How special indeed that she came on your Grandfather's birthday!! Hope you're getting rest!PhotobucketPhotobucket

BabyFruit Ticker

Holiday siggy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket     &nb
iVillage Member
What a special day for her to share, and I'm sure he was watching over you both with a big smile. Congrats to you and your family.
iVillage Member
Congrats :) Sounds like a great birth!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! Welcome to the world, Alexee!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Congrats, that is special that she was born on his birthday!
Photobucket