Green team gets a ....

iVillage Member
Green team gets a ....
Thu, 08-04-2011 - 12:41pm
GIRL!!! Alyse Leilani. Born on August 4 at 2:35 a.m.8.10lbs 20" long. (on her expected due date)

I started good contractions around 8 pm on August 3. Since I am step B positive, I told DH we'll make sure the contractions were going somewhere and then we would call the midwife. So by 9:20 we call up and they told us to come in to get some antibiotics. We meet her at 10:15 pm and she checked me, water in tack, 2 - maybe 3 cm and baby needs to come down more. I was not too happy the baby was not down more. So she asked if I wanted to stay or go home. Well we had DS in the car (who by the way was real super clingy and crying because he knew I was in pain.) So the contractions started to slow so I decided to go home and labor more. I got in the shower for a while and then on the birthing ball. A few good contractions I knew the baby moved down. Then I had some hard ones. I told DH.call.the.midwife and see if we should come back. She said whatever I feel is right. So I told DH let's wait for another 2 We called my brother to get over to watch DS. Then it.came. the transition and some water. I knew it was time. We head out and then the water broke, oh man, this kid is coming fast!! Thank god I grabbed a towel. Oh no, "sorry babe I may have popped or I'm about to have this baby." DH floored the gas! We get to the center with the midwife was at the door. I'm yelling, this baby is coming out, we get to the first room I lay down and the head is right there. I pushed a few times, went on my hands and knees and the baby was out. I was barley there for 5 minutes. We get the baby breathing. And I told DH, what.did we have? I take a look and fully expect to see boy parts, It's a girl!! Wow, we both broke down. We are truly blessed with two healthy kids!!! Pics to follow shortly.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 12:57am
Great job I boy the head was right there as you entered. I would have died from the pain. Congratulations on the birth of your little sweetie.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-06-2011 - 11:15pm

Congrats on your little girl!!! Glad you had a fast and easy delivery!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 10:12pm

Congrats on your new arrival!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 10:41am
Thanks ladies. What a great surprise we had. I really thought it was going to be a boy since they kept telling me it was going to be a big baby and the baby kept growing.

Jumpin, I got a dose of antibiotics and would be good for 6 hours. So if I had not delivered by 6, I would have had another dose.

Glad to say our first night at home was not too bad. DS has been real good with her and a little too helpful. But otherwise, he loves to look at her and talk to her.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 9:12am
Wow! What an exciting birth story! Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! Welcome to the world, Alyse.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 1:17am
Congratulations on your baby GIRL!!! What did they end up doing about the abx? Just watching you extra closely?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-04-2011 - 11:00pm

Wow, what an amazing birth story!!! Congrats on your little girl!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

BabyFruit Ticker

Holiday siggy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket     &nb
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-04-2011 - 8:46pm
What a cool story- congrats!

Melissa
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-04-2011 - 8:26pm
Wonderful birth story, congratulations!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-04-2011 - 6:03pm

Wow! It's crazy how fast they can come once they're ready. Congrats on a healthy baby and great delivery! And thank God for awesome husbands, eh?

Photobucket

Pages