Marcus Dillion's Story

iVillage Member
Marcus Dillion's Story
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 11:49pm

Baby Marcus Dillion made his debute on July 31 at 6:57 am. He weighed in 6.7lbs and was 19 inches long. I was only 3 days shy of my due date which was August 3 the longest pregnancy that I have ever had.

July 30th we had our friends over and while playing a game of Scrabble I felt a like something hit me hard down in the vjay jay LOL. It was 11:30 pm and it was my turn to put a word up on the board. Because of the pain I couldn't move and then had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom. I figured maybe I had to poop because of the Hemorriod situation that I was having. Well I got the answer once I went to the potty....I realized that there was mucus and a watery substance on my undies. I peed and then noticed that even after I had peed there was still more fluid coming down as I pushed down. I calmly cleaned up took the undies off stood up and called for dh. While standing dh came in and by that time water trickled down and hit the floor it was no longer just clear but a tint of pink was there. I told dh my water had broken and he called our dr. By that time it was 12 am and I jumped into the shower by 12:15 contractiions started and they were now 5 min to 3 min apart. I was taking my time thinking things would be slow so while showering dh got the kids together and called my mom. We dropped off the kids and headed out to the hospital by 1:00am we check in and the pains started in hard. I felt like had to poop and wanted to get that out of my system because all i could think was that I was going to poop on the bed while delivering my baby boy.

2:00am first dose of Epi is done and no relief was there till a bit after and when they hit me with another dose at 3:30am. My contractions started slowing down and they were thinking pitocin....waitttttttttttt please noooooooooo let's wait just a little longer. Sure enough I didn't need because as the contractions started on my dr and others started to fill the room. It was now

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 11:56pm

Sorry ladies my keys are getting stuck and I just noticed all offff fj my mispells. I will repost again.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 12:09am
He is beautiful and I love his name! Take it as easy as you can recovering. Thank goodness you have a great family to help you out. I'm so glad Marcus is ok. :) Great job Momma!