PAL Gals Week of 12/20

iVillage Member
PAL Gals Week of 12/20
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 7:21am

Ill start the thread for us PALers that need a place to vent and express concern. Of course we have concern every time we feel something or don't.

I go for reg OB appt tomorrow, but I dont think Im having an u/s which I don't like. I should be 8w.

Since being told Im having twins now Ive got 2 beans to worry about. My mind immediately went to 'vanishing twin' scenarios. I mean having 3 losses & higher odds for another m/c I figured thats where I was headed next.

*mindy*

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 7:49am

what is PAL?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 8:48am
Pregnant After Loss
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 9:23am

Twins take up more room, so hopefully more RLP is normal. I had some pretty bad and consistent lower back pain yesterday, but I think it was because I had to sit in a backless chair for over an hour. I'm still super sick with the flu, too. I'm getting really fed up with this. No one else in my family is even sick at all, and they all keep trying to be so positive and tell me that I'm just having m/s, but I know the difference. I feel like there's poison in my stomach that needs to come out. Hopefully when I'm done with this flu, I'll still have m/s, but I'm not too optimistic. Or at least I'm trying not to be. My sister drama is a lot lower again. It turned out I was totally jumping to conclusions in some areas. Now my Christmas drama is way up, though. I just finally started my Christmas cookies, and I still have half of my shopping to do. I was planning on doing it today, but a huge storm hit and now all the schools are cancelled. Now my nieces will be home all day and I don't know if it's safe for me to go shopping because I'd have to drive over the bridge to the next state. I'm getting really frustrated!

I hope your appointment at least helps put some of your fears to rest. How are your holiday plans going?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 12:37pm

Sorry about the flu. Bad timing!

I seem to always get sick when I get pregnant too. It sucks since then you cant take anything either. I hope it clears up soon for you & everything is OK. When are you going to the Dr?

My Xmas drama is low since only my dad is in town & we go & leave when we want. I also chose not to go when the rest of my step mother's family was there & chaos would ensue! Glad your sis drama has lessened.

I stupidly tried to shovel this am & now the pain is worse. Im feeling it when Im not moving which is what happened with my 2nd loss. So Im not feeling so optimistic either. Its just not normal. W.o a scan I wont feel comfortable. I know its not realistic to get a scan every week. Im hoping the move me to MFM due to age, loss & twins & Ill get more attention there.

hang in there

*mindy*
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 1:46pm

Mindy thanks for starting this thread! Now we can all be here to support each other and deal with our crazy PAL brains.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 5:12pm

Meaghan why are you more concerned if you are having more symptoms? I think the only thing giving me hope is the horrid m/s 24/7.

Oh yes, Ive done the ectopic search when i had crazy O pain. Have you had any spotting? Thats also another hopeful sign that I havent seen anything. I think with ectopic, besides pain you'd also have spotting.

Yes the waiting sucks. No betas dont make you feel better. I did not have betas, but I did have one hcg taken when I went it with O pain.

Ill ask for a scan but they didnt schedule it & they schedule them separate at my office. Ill tell OB the pain Im having & it is similar to 2nd loss. It is possible its just RLP & stretching as Im guessing my uterus was still growing with 2nd loss. I mean I continued to get new pregnancy symptoms even post D&C. It was so depressing.

I think I need to be OK w/o a scan. Honestly even with a scan every week Ill still worry til the end. Everyone keeps saying oh twins & I say well we will see what happens.

*mindy*
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 6:54pm

It's good to have this thread :) I have just started having RLP I had several m/cs and a stillbirth twins so sometimes I always wonder if everything is okay. I'm always just grateful for every day and every symtpom that I have.

My sweet baby boys Josh and Jesse were born into the arms of Jesus on January 11th 2008. They will always be missed and remain living in my heart forever!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 7:58pm
Hi Katie! Nice to meet you, and I'm glad you joined us. I am going to keep telling myself what you wrote "I'm grateful for every day and every symptom that I have". That is my inspirational quote for today, thanks!

@mindy-- I think I'm worried that I have everything BUT ms. I usually start puking first, and then everything else starts in. So I'm worried all the back pain isn't a good sign since that is how both of my losses started. And I'm also worried that no morning sickness is another bad sign. *sigh* I really try to stay positive, but until I start puking my face off or get an u/s I'll probably just make myself crazy with worry.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 8:04pm

Hi Katie... Im so sorry for your losses. Let's hope all of us are holding happy healthy babies come Aug! Ps. I have 2 pugs :)

Meaghan, did you have m/s with your m/cs too? The problem is that every pregnancy is different. How far along are you now? How far were you when your other m/cs happened?

My Dr is gonna see just what a nut I am tomorrow :)

*mindy*
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 8:26pm
yeah i always get ms @ 4wks that is usually when I know to PIAC ; ) But the morning sickness is just puking all day, the nausea part starts later with the back pain. And I always thought the back pain right before the 2 month mark was from having my head in the bowl for a few weeks. IDK its probably just me being a nut, and forgetting that all pg's are different. I'm a little over 4 weeks now, and my angels were just past 6 wks and just past 12 wks.

I don't think any of us are nuts. I think we'd be nuts for not acting like this :)

Pages