PAL Gals week of 12/27

iVillage Member
PAL Gals week of 12/27
Wed, 12-29-2010 - 1:02pm

geneva congrats on the puking ;)

at this point its going on 3 wks of super ill pukey feeling for me so Ive about had it. I was happy at first & freak when it goes but now Im ready for it to go even with my PAL brain. I feel awful. Im walking around with this look like Im going to puke every sec.

*mindy*

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-29-2010 - 1:34pm

yay mindy for 9 weeks!! whoo hoo!! I'm sorry that you feel sick still, and I know what you mean about the mall. Eeew. I really hope you can get over the nausea.

Yay Geneva on the puking!! Isnt it fun

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-29-2010 - 4:12pm
Well I just scored a rx for Zofran. Now Ill have to scour the net for long term effects from taking.
Congrats on the puking & not really. Ugh! Just talking about makes me want to puke!
I cant stop gagging.
Im horrible at remembering movies so there is no way I remember Doc Hollywood ;)
I always seem to forget my questions when Im at Dr.
Do you know what hospital you will deliver at? I asked what the u/s schedule would be. You can ask if they treat your pregnancy differently as you have had multiple m/cs. I did forget to ask if they considered my pregnancy high risk due to age/twins, etc.. but i also assume they dont or they would have pushed me to MFM. Sorry my brain is mush.

Im afraid to set foot in BabiesRUs. I did with m/c #2 basically right after I got BFP like a fool & was looking at cribs no less. I have looked online but mostly at strollers to figure out the best combo to hold 3 kids. And Ive been looking at cloth diapers. I think I may be insane to do cloth diapers with twins though.
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-29-2010 - 4:15pm

I wanted sooooo bad to pick up a girl and boy set of these super cute carter's onsies with little animal hats at the store the other day. My mom was with me and she was even pushing me towards getting them (and the returning one once we find out gender) but DH gave me a look and I knew he felt the same scared to commit feeling that I felt too. Today I went into the maternity section at Target looking for pants (since mine from last pregnancy are either too small or still too big..lol) and I felt like I shouldn't be there. It felt awful, but I kept telling myself that if my pants don't fit that's a very good sign.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-29-2010 - 6:58pm
I got some Target & Old Navy maternity jeans myself today. Old Navy had some on clearance for $12! The just have elastic waist. I dont really like the ones that have that huge stretchy flap to go over your belly. Id rather it be below.
All of my pants now cut right into my uterus & it hurts!
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-29-2010 - 7:45pm
brie, I felt the same way in target at christmas! They had an awesome sale on jeans and i really wanted to just get them, but I couldnt. Luckily its been super snowy here this week and I can get away with big boots and elastic pants if I go out. But I've got a baby shower in 2 and a half weeks that I'm going to have to shop for. I am just dreading it, but I cant seem to find anything that I have that will fit. I have an IRL friend who is pg after a mc and she is going to the shower so hopefully we can shop together and just get over the hump so to speak.
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-30-2010 - 5:30pm
I'm right there with you on the pants. They all hurt my stomach/uterus, anything too tight in that area (shirts or pants or undies) just irritates me like crazy! And I HATE the ones that cover your whole belly, always have. Thanks for reminding me about Old Navy, I always forget they carry maternity in their stores now.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-31-2010 - 9:08am
Hey Ladies! How is everyone doing? Any big plans for tonight? We'll prolly stay home with ds and have a quiet night, maybe order in.
Hope everyone has a safe happy new year!
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-31-2010 - 9:58am

Hi everyone! My plans for New Years include getting some sleep :) I'm just so tired lately. I've been taking 3 hour naps almost every day. It's partially a coping mechanism for the nausea. (I don't feel it if I'm asleep.) I think I have a larger dilemma with the whole maternity clothes thing. In my family, there's always a few people pregnant, and the maternity clothes are in use. My friend will be keeping them for a while longer, so I'll have to buy or make do with what I have until she decides to give them back. She's due in Feb. I'll wait until after the first trimester and them bombard her about the clothes. She'll love that right after she has her first baby! I'm really not looking forward to her baby shower. It's at 9w3d for me, and I won't be announcing that early. I already feel really bloated right now, so I'm just hoping nobody notices. I really wish I had my u/s before that shower and another event I'm going to, just for peace of mind. I'm going to a birth network meeting where we'll all be telling our birth stories. My midwife will be there, and I know she'll ask me about my situation, but I'll be bringing my pregnant friend, and I don't want her to know anything about my situation. She's a gossiper and I never told her that we were only a week apart originally. I'm a little stressed about it. I feel like these last weeks before my u/s are dragging by so slowly. 14 days and counting!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-31-2010 - 7:52pm
Quiet nite for us too. Im beat too. Geneva, thats impressive with 3 hrs naps, but you're right its the only time Im not sick!
Ya Im so bloated too. I almost wore some preggo jeans today.
geneva, are you going to tell about your losses or just your birth? ya its tough not letting it slip to a gossiper. hopefully all goes well.
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-01-2011 - 12:15am

I'm really not sure how open I want to be. Every time I tell someone new about my losses, they get really uncomfortable or they start telling me about anyone else they know with "problems" like me. I hope someday I'm better able to be open.

My midwife already knows about my losses. She's been a really good friend and very understanding, especially considering I've never seen her professionally. :) I was getting really excited to tell her my good news. She still doesn't know I'm pregnant. The last she knew, I was miscarrying again and waiting to start my infertility testing.

Photobucket

Pages