PAL Gals w/o 1/3

iVillage Member
PAL Gals w/o 1/3
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 1:09pm

Hey ladies!! We have all mae it another week! whoo hoo!! Anyone have any appointments or milestones this week??

I am getting super anxious to tell DS! He keeps asking why I'm so tired, or why I'm getting sick. I should be getting a call today or tomorrow about when my first OB appt is and I've got my Fx'd that I can get an u/s by friday. Shoot, I'd even settle for saturday LOL!

DH tol my MIL this morning, and I'm guessing she didnt take the news well, as she hasnt called me to congratulate me. Its kind of wierd, but I guess thats the way the cookie crumbles. I'm trying to just remember thats how MIL's are

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 1:52pm
I'm sorry your MIL is hard to deal with. Mine is totally crazy. I mean that literally. She visits the psychiatric ward often and is on government assistance for being unfit to work. She lives with a pedophile and when I was pg with DS, she set up a nursery in his apartment, which is 40 minutes away. DH was really embarrassed to tell her that our children will never be visiting that apartment or EVER sleeping over with her. I don't think he was that harsh, though.

I told my younger sister today. She's eight and has cerebral palsy. She caught me throwing up in the kitchen sink and asked if I was okay. Her mindset is similar to a two-year-old, and she really doesn't understand pregnancy at all, so she won't be telling anyone. I just found it exciting to tell her. :) I told Brody, too. He doesn't care. He's two. I'm too nervous to tell any more adults, though. My ILs will not be hearing anything for a long while. At least they'll be happy about it, though. They've been asking about another baby for over a year now.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 2:15pm
I know what you mean, I would be excited to tell her too. I can't wait to start telling people! We have always waited to tell people till the 2nd tri, even with my 1st pg (DS). But with this one, I kind of feel like by not telling ppl, I am just waiting for something BAD to happen. And I dont wanna do that this time!! I'm past the point of being ashamed or embarrassed by my past losses. As soon as I get a pic, I'm going to start blabbing!!! DH has a huge family an I know the rest of them will be insane for a new baby in the family!
I just heard that my Appointment is for NEXT wednesday......AHHH!! That seems like forever to wait.
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 8:41pm
Well at least you have a date set! Do you know if you'll get an u/s?
Sorry about MIL, dont get too upset though ;)
I agree, I feel like at this point after 3 losses & hiding them all it didnt really do anything for me but make some ppl not know what was going on with me. Sure some ppl didnt care but others do.
I mean Im not telling everyone I see but I have told a bunch of women from my DDs playgroup & we told immediate family.

geneva, i guess you're MIL really is crazy :) um thats scary that she thought you would bring your son over there. ya it is exciting to tell ppl. i told DD but Im not sure she believes me or quite gets it yet. Im afraid to really sit down & ask if she knows what that means in case something does happen. She's certainly the harder one to explain a loss too. How are you feeling? Im guessing by the puking not great.

AFM, Im still sick too. I do take 1 zofran/day which has helped a ton but its just a lesser feeling of wanting to puke & I havent actually puked since I started taking it. Ive only got 9 pills left though & no refills. I have no idea if they will refill &Im paranoid as DH is going away for 5 days next weekend. There is no way I can handle DD alone w/o meds. I can barely do it with meds!

No appts for me until 1/21, an eternity away. I of course have begun to google twin to twin transfer syndrome since my RE said she thought they might be identical. ugh!
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 10:37pm

I'm feeling pretty good today, thanks for asking! I got the puking over in the morning, like I'm supposed to , and felt pretty good for the day. Maybe you should call now and see if there is a refill, so you can plan ahead. I'm glad it's working for you.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 12:29am

Still just hoping for a sticky, healthy baby, unaffected by the medication I have to take. I will be 10 weeks this week (wow. where did the time go?) DD loves the ultrasound pics. My inlaws are coming back home from China and they're gonna notice I look different....and I know they will be super excited. It was my mom who wasn't all that excited. Screw her, she did the same thing last time simply because it wasn't what she would have done. WHATever.. I'm so excited to have made it to almost ten weeks. Went off the prometrium at 8 weeks.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 8:03am
I feel like they wlll be less apt to refill now since its still early.
Ill def call a few days in advance though.

I still feel gross on meds. I want to throw up every smell I smell. Its awful. My daughters room is above the kitchen so in the am her room smells like whatever we made for dinner, yet grosser. Its all I can do not to puke when I go get in the am. Ugh!
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 8:07am
I cant believe you were able to drop the prometrium so early. were you on it only after you found out you were pregnant or each cycle post O?
Im paranoid to stop mine.
I also was/am taking Zymessence, which is a systemic enzyme, which I had read helped some women with recurrent loss. The problem is when I wasnt pregnant it would make my stomach hurt occasionally so taking it now makes me want to hurl. Im paranoid to stop taking it though. They say you are suppose to take it until right b4 birth.
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 9:10am

Just wanted to let you ladies know I'm still around :)

~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 12:05pm
Glad you're still here. Sorry about the bug. I wouldnt worry about the weight loss they can handle a lot.
I didnt realize some Drs say to stop @ 10wks. I guess it totally varies. If I listened to my Dr it doesnt matter at all so I might as well stop now. I think my RX says to stop when a h/b is heard not seen.
Ill be 12 wks b4 I see my Dr again so I think Ill just stop then. I already lowered it to 200mg/day since I couldnt get any more pills, that was 1/2 of what I was taking when I started. I was then using cream in paranoia but Ive stopped that too.
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-05-2011 - 11:05am
I'm sorry you got sick. I seem to always get sick while pregnant. The weight loss shouldn't be an issue. It's normal for many women to lose weight in the first trimester. Just eat healthy foods whenever you can. Did you get an appointment yet? I'm having such a hard time waiting for mine.

Mini-concern of the week: One of my aunts is pregnant and due in June. I was pregnant with her, but I miscarried. The last conversation I had with her, though, I was still pregnant and had been told by my doctor to expect a miscarriage. She asked my mom how I was doing yesterday and my mom told her my pregnancy is going great. Now she thinks I'm still due in June and I'm worried that she might let it slip that I'm pregnant because she thinks I'm already out of the first trimester. Also, another aunt of mine is pregnant with me right now, and she already decided to announce. I always feel awkward when that happens because it's unusual to have an opening like that and not announce your own, but I'm just not ready. I just hope she doesn't get mad at me for not telling her sooner.
Photobucket

Pages