She's HERE!!!

iVillage Member
She's HERE!!!
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 3:57pm

I'm a couple days late on posting this, but I figured you all would understand: )

My precious little girl was born Wednesday, August 10th at 8:08 p.m. Just a few hours shy of her due date. She weighed in at 7 pounds, 13 ounces and 18 inches long ~ the smallest of my 3 children: )

After being on bedrest from 30~36 weeks and then still not having her by my 40 week check, I was beginning to think it was never going to happen. I went in to the Dr. Wednesday for a 3:20 appointment. It was my routine 40-week. I sat in the waiting room for over an hour before they took me back!! During that hour I had around 8 hard contractions. I didn't really think anything of it all at the time. I went back and while waiting for the Dr. I had another couple. He came in and checked me and said I was a solid 4 cm, but stretchy to a 5 and 80 % effaced. He also made the comment that my cervix had changed a ton. OK, whatever I thought and left the office. On the way to pick up my 2 older kids from my parent's house I had a couple more contractions and when I arrived to pick them up realized my contractions were really starting to hurt and had started a bit of a pattern. I stayed at my Mom & Dad's because I knew that I couldn't drive and by this time it was 5 p.m. I called my older sister and she came by to pick me up at 5:45 to run and grab my bag and pack the kid's stuff just in case. This whole time I really didn't think anything was happening and we were just going to be disappointed. We drove the 15 minutes to my house and I really wanted to take a shower but she wouldn't let me...mind you she was the one timing by contractions: ) By the time we left my house to drive back and bring my kid's their bag my contractions were all at least 5 minutes apart but some right on top of each other. They were really painful and I was starting to think maybe I was in labor afterall!

We dropped off the kids' stuff and headed to the hospital. In the ER checking in I had 4 massive contractions back to back so my sister called my DH who was doing scuba certification at

BabyFetus Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 6:10pm
What a great story- so glad you got an unmedicated birth!

Melissa
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 6:19pm

Wow, what an intense story!!! It's so interesting how quickly things can change in labor, isn't it?? So glad she's here, healthy AND that you got your unmedicated birth!! Hoping I get the same! :) Can't wait for pictures!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

BabyFruit Ticker

Holiday siggy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket     &nb
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 6:27pm
Congrats! This basically sounds like my dream labor (at the hospital for less than an hour before baby is born- heck yes!) so I'm a little jealous, lol. I'm soooo ready!
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 8:00pm
Congratulations, mama! So glad you got your unmedicated birth & quick labor :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 10:46pm

What an incredible story!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 11:04pm
Congratulations! That's so awesome you got to do it unmedicated!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 12:50am
Congrats on the new birth of your baby girl. What a story it's funny how our bodies work. It amazes me how quick things can happen and how labor is unexpected. Next thing pop the baby is here lol. Again congrats.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 4:56am
Congratulations!!! Glad she is healthy! wow, no meds...I tried but after a few hours I couldn't take it :)

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 1:39pm

Thanks everyone!!

I am just still amazed at the whole thing to be honest! It was such a positive experience and I am so thankful that it went so well and so quickly! I understand now why so many woman are so very passionate about un-medicated births! I didn't even have IV meds because there was just no time. Not that I have anything against medicated...I myself had 2 of those: ) I am just amazed at what my body did! I was MADE to have that little girl!!!

~Crista~

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 11:32pm

Congrats!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pages