35+4, wasn't the best appt

iVillage Member
35+4, wasn't the best appt
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 8:05pm
My worst fear has come true, my doctor is keeping me under a close eye for preeclampsia. Let me start off by saying I have MAJOR anxiety and panic disorder and I went to my appt nervous about my BP. I get to the dr, get my weight temperature and then sit nervously waiting for the numbers of my BP. It was 134/95, and my pulse was a whopping 147! My pulse is always high during my visits. She re did it and my BP was 143/88, still high. Well dr was concerned took a urine sample, and thankfully no protein. She's having me go in this Thursday just to recheck my BP, if it's high then we start bloodwork. Good news is I got a quick sneak peek at my lo and she is head down, has a good amount of fluid and is practicing her breathing. Her HR was a bit lower than I'm used to but the dr said that she was just estimating the bpm. Sorry I rambled but I had to let it out somewhere!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 9:00pm
Glad there wasn't any protein and that you got a peak.Super yay for plenty of fluid. I'm so worried I'll lose my again. Maybe you could ask a friendly nurse or someone to check our BP in a non-pressure situation if you get really anxious at the Dr?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 9:12pm
Glad to hear they finally checked your urine too. Hopefully the high BP was just from stress and that everything is okay for your little one to stay put!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 8:07am
I'm happy with the precautions that she's taking. I'm almost thinking of buying a cheap BP monitor so I can take it at home to see if all of this is my anxiety acting up. Have they been checking your fluid levels, Sunni?
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 1:28pm
Ugh, it isn't looking too good for me ladies! I went to a dentist appointment this morning where they took my BP and it was sky high! She took 3 readings from 3 different machines, first was 174/100! I almost fainted when she told me, the next machine 122/100 and then a manual one was 145/90. Called the dr and had bloodwork done now I'm having to do a 24 hr urine. keep me and baby in your thoughts, because I'm really freaking out.
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 1:36pm
Wow I will keep u and the baby in my prayers. Hope all is well with the urine. Did they give you a what if... if the results aren't good? Also try to stay call, I deal with anxiety also!

35 weeks, ur almost there

Jayla
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 2:31pm
Thank you! I'm hoping the bloodwork and 24 hr urine come back alright also. My doctor hasn't really gone over the options just yet since all of this only started yesterday. I'm assuming that if it all comes back okay and they can stabilize my BP she'll try to keep her in as long as possible, and if not then I'll be 37 weeks next Friday so maybe induction. But I'm only assuming that's what will happen, I'll definitely keep everyone updated!
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 2:34pm
Ah! Ignore my question on my own post, you answered here! :) I've got my fingers crossed for you... At least you will be full term shortly!
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 2:50pm
Thank you! Fingers crossed for you too, I saw that they picked up some protein the last time they checked you. My sister had been diagnosed with pree and had my neice at 32 weeks, she's now a beautiful 10 year old! As scary as it is I'm sure we're both in good hands!
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 8:17pm
(((hugs))) I hope your results are good. Olivia was born at 36-+3 and she only needed a little blow-by oxygen for a very brief time. You are already in a safe zone and close enough to the safest zone. I still hope you make it a few more weeks and I'll be thinking of you.

My Dr isn't concerned because she said that a loss of that magnitude is pretty rare. I, however, am considering getting an extra u/s in 2 weeks just to be safe.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 10:38pm

Oh, I hope everything is going to be fine.

Photobucket

<

Pages