"a 4 month old who ate a 3 month old"

iVillage Member
"a 4 month old who ate a 3 month old"
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 4:12pm
This us how my hubs describes our chunky bird! Ella had her 4 month check up and weighed in at 14lbs 5 oz and is 26 1/2 inches long! She did great and didn't even holler over her shots, just one pitiful pouty face and it was done. She got a quick exam and I was questioned on her development. Surprised she didn't mention solids. I assumes she sees she is growing quite well as is! Back at.....6 months. (didnt we just get home from l & d lol!?)
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
That was the issue we were having with Dillon in the evenings, he was nursing and then about 45 mins later would want to nurse again. That's why we started him on cereal about 4 weeks ago. At first we just tried cereal every 3 days or so, no big deal. He's eating pretty much every night now, still only one "meal" a day and alternating between cereal, sweet potatoes & bananas. Peas are next! He's less frantic now in the evenings and not needing to be at the breast so much, I guess because his tummy is a little more full.
Photobucket

iVillage Member

I wish Ali Claire would go four hours!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I was def thinking of holding off. Since she is big I feel like she is obviously getting plenty and isn't in need of anything else at the moment. She goes around 4 hrs between eating now and is happy and satisfied then. And like you said it can impact their milk intake. Nursing/breastmilk is #1 right now. I did a lot by the book with my first 2. Rice cereal then veggies. My son was ready and hungry. Chloe couldve waited. So Im doing things our way this time :) I will watch and see when she seems like shes not staying satisfied Ill try some foods. Pluuuus shes my last for a while, maybe for good. She can take all the time she wants :)
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member

That's too funny, and don't feel bad b/c AC is on track to be the same way.

Photobucket