another unplanned appt

iVillage Member
another unplanned appt
Fri, 10-14-2011 - 5:42pm
So yesterday my feet were swollen for the first time, I wasn't too concerned about that. Today I went to elavate my feet at work and had the worse sharp pain, kinda like a charlie horse on the left side of my stomach. With that pain plus the swollen feet, I called my doctors office and spoke with the nurse. She asked several questions about recent weight gain, other body parts swollen, headaches etc. So with my cold, swollen feet and now sharp pain... I was feeling like crap. I finally made it to the doctors, I now weigh 151, I was 147 on sept 27. My pressure was 97/58, I gave the urine sample which I always do. The doctor checked my legs and feet and said that I was ok, but because of the BH with cramps she wanted to check my cervix. So I wasn't dialted but she said my cervix felt thin! So with that she pulled out that lovely lovely ultra sound machine and did the vag check. She said at this point a 2.5 would be good. I was a 2.7. Baby head was down! So I asked "do you see a penis" lol. I already knew the answer because of course it was the vag exam and he was head down. Because she had the machine out she did check and I got to see the baby yaaaaay!! We did in fact she the boy parts, and he was very active!!
Now, once I left the appt I noticed that I was getting BH back to back and they were painful. I don't know if its because she was poking around up there or what. I'm going to take a bath and lay down, if they start after that I will time them.

Oh and how bout she said noooo sex til 34 weeks lol what's a girl to do ;)
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-15-2011 - 12:04pm
I envy you! I have no desire for sex. Wish I had your excuse!
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-15-2011 - 8:59pm
I hope all is well today. What is this sex you speak of? I'm too freaking tired to be bothered.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 6:01am
Lol I never lost my urge to have sex, now there are times that DH wants it and I don't but the sex life was regular. Now we can't until 34 weeks, I guess because of the BH contractions and the thin cervix. I am getting really grumpy now!!!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 7:28pm

I hope your contrations slowed down.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 11:35pm

Did she say sex... I don't know how u get the energy from...Jayla i guess it's because u r young but honey sometimes i feel sorry for DH and i will give in, but trust me i have no energy for that.

KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 1:31am
Jayla I feel you about the sex. I would be very sad if I had to wait that long. I think my DH would be too! Pregnancy did not really change my sex drive in either direction.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 7:56am
Well let me tell y'all about DH! I hate when he goes to my appts because he listens to everything my doctors says. So if she says no sex, he is all about it. Even if I try to sneak a lil something lol he's not having it. This is why he hides all the snack food, because the DOCTOR says no junk food. Ughhh he is soo helpful but a pain in my butt at times