Connor's 1 month appointment

iVillage Member
Connor's 1 month appointment
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 4:57pm

Things went well. Little boy isn't so little anymore, though! He now weighs 9lbs 5oz and is 21.75 inches long! He went from 7lbs 7oz and 20.5 inches to that in just over 3 weeks! He got the second HepB shot, and of course cried after...I stuck him on the boob for a minute after and he calmed down quickly. I have stopped drinking cow's milk and when we use formula we'll use soy just to see if that helps even further. Also the doc gave me another script for the Zantac because we'll be out in a few days. She did say to maybe stop the zantac for a week after we fully make the transition from dairy milk/formula to see if he possibly won't need it if those are cut out. For now, though, I'm only cutting out milk and still eating cheese as the dairy in those items *generally* don't cause an allergy/sensitivity because they are more processed. At least that is what I'm hoping! I just can't believe that he has grown as much as he had. It took my now 2 yo FOREVER to gain weight! Heck, he's 2 years and 3 months and only weighs about 24 pounds, lol!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 7:25pm
Yay for a good appointment. You have my sympathy for giving up milk. I gave up chocolate as it seems to make my peanuts tummy feel not so good. The things we do for our babies :-)

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 8:27pm

Your kids sound so much like mine!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 9:25pm
Oh, dear! I really hope Connor isn't as sensitive as AC! I'm finding it really hard to give up my milk as it is! I can't imagine giving up cheese and butter, too! And if it got to the point that I was having to give up chocolate, I think I might have to reconsider the whole breastfeeding thing (j/k.....sort of)! I did try the Almond milk that I bought today, and it is pretty good and definitely way more drinkable than soy milk....that was just nasty (and it was even the vanilla flavor). The only thing about the almond milk is I find it weird to have an almond aftertaste when drinking milk, lol.
Oh well.....as Dixie said, the things we do for our babies!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 10:39pm

Fortunately I don't care about drinking milk so that's not an issue.

Photobucket