Connor's 9 Month Appointment

iVillage Member
Connor's 9 Month Appointment
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 3:47pm

Connor went to his 9 month check-up today. All is well. He is 15lbs 3oz and 27 inches long. He got one vaccine (HepB) and only cried for a second because I stuck a boob in his mouth, lol. He is doing really well. Although I would LOVE if he would stop wanting to eat several times a night, lol. Oh, and he has said "mama"....not mamamamamamama, but just mama....and then smacked his lips at me because he wanted my food, lol. He is into EVERYTHING, and you can't put him on the floor without him trying to go everywhere and touch things he's not supposed to touch. I am totally and completely smitten with him, lol. And I think he knows it. Which means I'm in big trouble.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 9:17pm

I am convinced they are drawn to things that they aren't suppose to touch, and have super vision to spot all the things that they shouldn't!  AC is horrible about putting every little thing in her mouth.  I am constantly going, "what's in your mouth????"

Glad he's doing well!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:45pm

Aww, we have all these peanuts! So I guess the nursing strike didn't last then? Glad you guys are doing good. Ella is so funny. She will sit on our rug and find the teeniest tiniest piece of dirt/string/hair/fuzz and right to the mouth it goes! You will just see her two tiny fingers together going to her mouth. This is a fun and busy age! THey are really becoming the little people :smileyhappy:

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 10:34am
The strike didn't last long, but he is now easily distractable while nursing! And God forbid he is sleepy while he's eating! Ugh. But, he hasn't stopped nursing yet (thank goodness, because I am sooo not ready for that!). But, on Tuesdays when he is with my mom all day because I am in school, he hardly drinks his milk from his bottle or cup or anything. I think she is usually able to get about 4-6 oz in him all day long! He does usually nurse pretty well when I get back home on those days, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 10:51am
Did the doctor say anything about his weight? How much was he at birth? I breastfed RJ up until like 6 months. It seemed like once I got pregnant he didn't like the taste of my milk. Rj always finds the biggest and smallest items to put in his mouth, I swear if he could get the dog to stay still he would try to eat her too lol was the flu shot offered?
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 2:46pm
Nope, she didn't say anything about his weight or height because he has stayed on the same growth path. He was only 6lbs 7oz when he was born. Also, he is less than half of his big brother's age yet is more than half of his weight, lol. I just have little guys, I guess.
I have heard that breastmilk changes taste when you become pregnant, so he probably just didn't like the new flavor.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 5:13pm
RJ just got a new doctor ( I don't liker her ) so she doesn't realize that he's just small. I have small children. My 6 year old is still haven't broke 40 pounds. RJ was 6 11 and now is 16 13, he's just not on the chart for his weight! He's high for his height.