Dillon's 9 month appointment

iVillage Member
Dillon's 9 month appointment
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 12:28pm

Took my no-longer-little-guy to the doctor earlier this week for his 9 mo appt. No shots this time, yay! They did a flouride treatment on his four teeth. He was giggling and the nurse said he was the best patient she ever applied the flouride for! LOL

Dillon went from being in the 5th percentile for his head to the 80th. She asked me if we have "big heads in our family" but we don't really, in fact the men in my family can only wear little boy's hats their heads are small. She said she'll "keep an eye on it" but I don't know what that means, I mean can his head get TOO big?!

He also went from being what she called a "little guy" to 20 lbs 7 oz and in the 56th percentile for weight. She said it sounds like he was just a late bloomer and his growth overall is increasing so it's fine. He's 29.17" long, quite tall as well (80th percentile).

She asked how he's doing at home and said that it sounds like his motor skills are above normal. He's been crawling for months, climbing the stairs (with us there!), walking around furniture, bending down to pick things up and occassionally standing alone when he's not paying attention :smileywink: Not really trying to push the walking thing, it's crazy enough around here with him getting into everything!

Here is my little guy at Disneyland last month. He LOVED Goofy :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 10:59pm

Such a cute little guy!  I wouldn't worry too much about his head either - it definitely looks proportional!  My kids both have big heads and I just figure it means bigger brains. :smileyhappy:  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 12:44pm

Aww so happy! Looks like ya'll had a great time. We say the same about big "pumpkins" as my husband says....bigger brains! He does look just right. Hopefully nothing to worry about!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !