Extra trip to the doctor = NO FUN

iVillage Member
Extra trip to the doctor = NO FUN
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 2:50am

Thankfully I have been blessed to really have a boring pregnancy. Which of course means I will suffer now. I work as a nurse at night. Yesterday a very unpleasant patient (for the most part I love my job but sometimes you have to be honest and say some people are just unpleasant) punched me in my stomach. Rather hard. Not enough to bruise but enough for the nurses aid with me to respond just as I did. Which was shock and to tell him he could not do that. Yes he was aware I was pregnant as to whether he cared I could not say, lol.

At first I was not going to make anything of it but my night supervisor and my manager said I should call my OB just to make sure. Of course I called and despite the fact I said I felt the baby move and had no contractions or bleeding they thought I should come in. Now do not get me wrong I of course wanted to make sure things were ok however that was my third 12 hour shift in a row and I was EXHAUSTED. But I drove to my doctor (which is over an hour away from where I work. I live in a rural place it takes 45 minutes to get to a mall). Then of course the office was more full then I have ever seen it (they had to bring out more chairs into the waiting room there were so many). Because I was an "emergency" appointment I had to wait 45 minutes to even get in. End result, exactly what I thought, I was fine.

So having had this "scare" I have decided I am 1000% fine having a boring pregnancy because today was an exhausting mess, lol.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 6:22am
I'm glad all is well with u and the baby!! I'm also glad with ur job trained you to react differently. If it was me I prob would be in jail lol cause I would have thrown everything insite at him. My police ways lol
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 7:05am
Lol actually I said the mom inside me came out. I pretty much reprimanded him like I would a child. Another patient heard me and commented that it was funny because it did sound like I was correcting a child.

And let me just say I am glad you police would react differently! That way I know who to call when my way does not work! Lol

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 7:53am

Wow how scary!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 9:56am
Oh, Dixie! Big squeezie (((hugs)))!!! What a jerk! I'm so glad you're ok and hope you can get some rest today.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 10:12am

lol, Jayla,you are wild....you crack me up.

KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 1:03pm
Omg what a jerk!!! How horrible, and what a long day. So glad to hear everything is okay though...