Good news!

iVillage Member
Good news!
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 10:25am

I've now seen both my OB and the dietitian since starting my GD diet. My OB still wants me to shave 4 points off my 1st stab of the day but the dietitian says she's fine with it. I'm usually at 93 and the OB wants me under 90. The dietitian told me that, if I get in up in the middle of the night to pee, I should have a snack that's equivalent to half a carb; half a cup of milk, a slice of my super thin bread, etc. She also said that unless something drastically changes in the next 8 weeks, I shouldn't need shots and she doubts the GD will stick around as Type 2 diabetes. I feel much better but am relieved that I only have 8 more weeks left of this. I've discovered that unsweetened almond milk (which has no flavor but a nice texture) and sugar free cocoa mix (which tastes awful and fake) actually taste good together. Crazy how 2 negatives can make a positive.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: sunrenay
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 10:17pm

Glad you are being able to keep things under control with your diet! Keep up the good work, I'm sure it makes a huge difference that you are doing so well and paying attention to the things you eat and how it does your sugar. Best of luck these last couple months that it continues to stay steady.

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
In reply to: sunrenay
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 11:15am
Thanks, Jill!
Photobucket