Had my first appt today!!!

iVillage Member
Had my first appt today!!!
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 7:26pm

So i had my first appt today. everything looked good she said I was 6 wks. It was funny when she was doing the internal I said well I feel like my belly is starting to pop out already and she said well that is because it is. My uturis is already over my pelvic bone. That is crazy but she said it was expected for my fourth pregnancy. At least I am not crazy i really felt like I was showing but my husband thought I was nuts lol. well neway everything looks good but even though I used the due date calculater and it said I was due the 12th od dec the doctor calculated teh 15th of december, thats ok i was close enough.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 8:22pm

Thats so great!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 8:41pm
Yea yea details!! Did we see a heart beat??
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 7:31am

Lets see when I first got there i had to leave a urine sample whih they tested to confirm the pregnancy. Then I went back they told me I had a positive test then check my blood pressure. Then they went over some history like how many pregnancy's i had and out of that how many children were living. Then they asked me if I was doing vaginal delivery or another c section and I told them c section so they asked if I would be having my tubes tied. then they made me lay down and they took a big qtip and took a sample they manditory check for std's at my doctors so after that she did the internal and after that she told me I was 6weeks and that my stomach was popping already due to this being my 4th pregnancy. After that she gave me my blood work perscription and I was done. Then after that the nurse had me come in the room to talk about pregnancy but since I have 3 already I didnt have to listen to the whole thing. I did not get a ultra sound they usually will give me that the next time I go wich is may 17th. That is the standard first appt if this is your first it will run a little longer they will give you the run down of does and donts and what is normal and what isnt. mine i have done this so many times they didnt really have to do alot other then confirm it.