Haven't had a chance to update...

iVillage Member
Haven't had a chance to update...
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 1:31pm
So, as of Saturday got moved to twice weekly appointments. Every Wednesday will be an NST, every Saturday an NST and fetal growth ultrasound. My little guy is super long but very thin. At 33 weeks he still is just shy of 4 lbs. It's also looking like I may have a little bit of an intrauterine growth restriction... So basically between all my "borderline" problems (gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, now the skinny baby issue), I have to be monitored twice weekly. BUT, on a positive note, at least it's a bunch of smaller concerns and not one huge one. At this point it looks like we're just keeping him in for as long as possible until something happens that makes it so he has to come out. Whether that will be labor or something else remains to be seen! Fingers are crossed I make it to 37 either way. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 1:57pm

Well, you're right - better to have a few small issues than one big one. It sounds like you're in good hands and your team is on top of it. Good luck and fingers crossed the little guy holds tight til at least 37 wks!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 2:07pm
Fingers crossed that baby stays put another few weeks!
Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 3:21pm
An u/s every week? That must be a real hardship-lol! I was told to expect a 4lb baby when Olivia was born (at 36w3d) but out popped a 6lb 15oz baby. She had no water left so I'm sure it was hard to get a measurement. I hope all stays well and that the little bun can safely stay in the oven a bit longer.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 3:56pm
Yeah I'm super excited about the ultrasound! lol NST not do much... I can't sit still for twenty minutes, and my little guy very much has a space bubble so he kicks the monitoring thingies til my whole abdomen is sore. But it's going to be so great to see him weekly! I am hoping he gains a bit soon, but, um... If he could stay in the 6.5-7 lb range up til delivery that would be fantastic.... :-P
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 12:02pm
Damn blood pressure was high again before my prenatal class last night... If this keeps up they'll just be trying to get me to 37 weeks, I was informed, then inducing.... Sooooo maybe I have baby way before his due date?
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 2:23pm
Fingers crossed, Jess. If he came now, how long would he have to stay at the NICU?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 3:03pm
I'll be 34 weeks Friday so probably a week or two in NICU if he came like, NOW. But hoping he will stay put for at least another 3 1/2 weeks... I don't have protein so that's really really good, but my blood pressure was the highest it has been yet last night. I am hoping if I continue to not have protein they'll just let me continue to be a swollen, sore mess for another three weeks lol
Originally they were saying try for 39, so I'm kinda bothered it got reduced to 37. Maybe everything will even out and I won't have to be induced... Positive thinking, right? :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 8:04pm
Is 4 pounds small for 33 weeks? At 35 weeks my doctor was estimating that my baby is only about 5 pounds. He said that is about normal. Here's to hoping your little guy can wait as long as possible and finish baking!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 9:47pm
That makes me feel better. Our doc says just under 4 lbs is small... But I really don't think he's that thin.. He's very very long and I think he's just so stretched out his belly is thinner than most so they're estimating low... He's strong as a freakin' ox and I cannot imagine him being so strong but so skinny... You know?