my insurance is so weird

iVillage Member
my insurance is so weird
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 8:37pm

I am under a different provider than the one I am now. The provider I have now makes me call my family practice doctor to get a referral so that I can got to my ob/gyn without the extra costs if I did not have a referral. Now since I have to wait for that to go through I have to wait until May 31 before I can even go to my dr. to get my pregnancy confirmed so I have no idea w hen I will be having my first official appointment. Basically I might be 11 to 12 weeks before my first appointment with my dr.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 9:05pm
Wow that's crazy, atleast u will have a heart beat and a moving baby when u go. Sorry u have to wait so long
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 2:20pm

That's rediliculous. I hate insurance companies these days- they make now sense. I chose my OB office b/c they have a midwife and they can do labs and u/s on sight which prevents me from running all over. But lo' and behold my insurance doesn't cover ultrasounds there. So just to say stuff it I paid for it out of pocket...They aren't gonna dictacte my treatment.

I'm sorry you have to wait so long...is there a way you get it confirmed at a clinic or something? Maybe pay out of pocket? I can't believe they are denying you PRENATAL CARE?

WTH?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 12:02pm

my insurance does the same thing. with my