Pregnancy confirmed at midwife's today!

iVillage Member
Pregnancy confirmed at midwife's today!
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 7:09pm

I was suprised that they got me in today, I am exactly 4 weeks today. I am pregnant! and they did the HCG/progesterone bloodwork too so I'll get those results in a couple of days. Its feeling a little more real now!Made an appointment for May 6th for the first u/s! YAY! Can't wait to see/hear the heartbeat!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
AMAZING! Congratulations :) I love that you are seeing a midwife, that is what I plan to do if I can ever get pregnant. I am in AL though and they are illegal here so I have to go to TN, fortunately that isn't too far from me.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
That is amazing.. four weeks huh, ur right behind me. Are u having any morning sickness yet?
iVillage Member

Just queasy most of the morning, I feel better if I just snack every hour and keep drinking water. It was the same with my DS I never got super sick with him, in fact I only threw up once that whole pregnancy and I was like 6months- smelled something that made me gag. I hope its the same this time around.

@nathanielsmom- its a shame you don't have midwives there...seems silly for it to be illegal? I have a Certified Nurse MIdwife b/c I want a hospital birth and not a home birth. I had DS with a midwife and a doula (I was in NC at the time), I can't imagine having it any other way! It seems like doctors just dive in to catch the baby, but the midwife spends a lot more time with you and respects your birth plan etc - its more personal. I'm in AZ now and feel very lucky we have a lot of doctors of osteopath and naturopaths, as well as chiropractors. Which are my practioners of choice, I even saw a D.O. that was and obgyn when I first moved here for my pap. It was great b/c how often do you go to an MD and they give you an herbal supplement to help get pregnant?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Yes the midwife I have talked to is a CNM too so she can deliver at a hospital in TN she just can't be here in AL. She offers herbal supplements to help with TTC as well. I think its wonderful. I just wish I didn't have to travel north 45mins to get it.

Photobucket