RJ nine month old check up

iVillage Member
RJ nine month old check up
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 1:47pm
Well in a few days he will be 10 months!! Can you believe y'all ???
He's still a tiny guy, 16 pounds 13 ounces 28 1/2 inches tall. His orignal doctor left so we had a new lady today. I'm not too sure if I will keep her just yet. She suggest that we give Rj cheese, yogurt with whole milk etc, things that will put some fat on him. She also said it wasn't a problem because he's still growing and moving a lot. We didn't get the flu shot but he had to get two tubes of blood drawn :smileysad:

The best part of the appt was when he hit his doctor with the golden showers lol yes he peed up her arm
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 10:34pm

He is a tiny guy, but from the way you said he moves he prob burns everything off he eats! Oh my two tubes of blood?! What for poor thing....although at least he got them back by peeing on somebody!!! I cannot believe they are in their 10th month now. But can you believe soon you'll have another?! How crazy exciting!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 10:55pm
They checked for lead and anemia. Dh made him a grilled cheese sandwich after his appt. I think the fact that he's moves a lot and that were not big people plays a role in his size. I'm 5'1 orginally 125 and his dad is 5'9. So were gonna add some fatty but healthy stuff to his meals and he will get his weight checked next month just to make sure he's gaining. My little man is 16 pounds of all muscle lol

I still can't believe I will have another new born in December. A girl at that!! I can't imagine how crazy this household will be. So far I've gained 21 pounds so I'm 150 and I'm 25 weeks but measuring 3 weeks ahead. The doc is concerned that my water may break early so we have to keep an eye on that.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 9:14pm

My DS was always a little guy - 10% or less height/weight - until he hit age 2 and then he started catching up.  Now, at a little over 3 he is 75% for height and weight!  So who knows, he could always catch up!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:32pm

Iknow they tend to try and worry us so much about weight. I think you'd rather them be healthy inside and lean vs eating fatty unhealthy stuff and be bigger! Aww...take care of yourself. You never know when that water may break. I was measuring small with my second baby and it broke two weeks before my due date in Chic fil A when I was by myself with Chloe, who wasn't even 2 yet! Good times :smileyhappy:

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !