Scary weekend, with a good outcome.

iVillage Member
Scary weekend, with a good outcome.
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 8:38pm

Saturday night I started spotting pink and bright red. It was every time I wiped and was freaking me out so I went to the ER. After waiting for 3 hours, I finally saw a doctor. He was very nice, and said he'd use a portable ultrasound to see if he could see the baby. He saw a sac, but couldn't see a baby or a heartbeat, and when he checked my cervix he said he couldn't get a good look at it. So he took some blood, set me up with an ultrasound in the radiology dept. for today and apologized that he couldn't give me more peace of mind.

My Mother's Day was pretty crappy because I was still spotting a little, and I was sure I was having a miscarriage. I have had 2 in the last 6 months. Today, I had my ultrasound, and the tech had to ask me to stop shaking because she couldn't get a clear picture. I was so relieved when she said to the screen, stop moving around so much kid I can't measure you! She asked me if I was sure I was almost 8 wks, and I told her I was certain. She said something about the sac being a little small, but there was a beautiful heartbeat, though she didn't give me what it was. The picture she gave me left me a little confused, because it looks so small. But I think it's because she didn't zoom in. ( I hope that makes sense) She said to call my doctor in a couple of days because he may want a repeat one.

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 8:48pm
Well, I glad you were able to get a look at that little bean! I hope that things start going more smoothly. Nice that you only had to wait three hours in the ER. I'm really looking forward to all the work being done on our hospital!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 9:00pm

3 hours was a good waiting time. I waited 11hrs once with my husband (who was having kidney stones the whole time) But I am glad they were able to set everything else up so fast.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 9:02pm
Can u attached the photo? I had a u/s at 8 weeks also. Glad u were able to see the heart beat. Did she give u measurments of the baby?
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 9:12pm

I am going to get my husband to scan in when he gets home, and then I'll up load it. She didn't give my any measurements. She was sorta inappropriate, when I asked her what the heartbeat was she was like I am not going to go back and look for it but it's there. And I could see it. It was an internal and she made some odd comments regarding that too. One was try not to enjoy it too much.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 9:39pm

Here is the one and only picture she gave me. Please ignore the 9w3d is say that is from my LMP, but I have long cycles.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 7:43am
That's prob a pic from far away. Guess she didn't do a good job. Lol when I was in my eight week I thought the baby looked like a blow fish or a turtle lol.
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 1:30pm

My doctor just called and wants a repeat one in 2 wks, because he said the report said the baby was measuring 5 weeks and we know that I am more than 5 weeks. I should be 8 weeks today, so I am starting to think that there might not be a happy ending after all.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 3:10pm
How bout the hospital told me I was seven weeks when I was five
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 3:33pm

That is crazy. Have they finally picked a date for you? Why did they tell you, you were 7?

My doctor is sending me for a repeat scan in two weeks. He called me himself this morning. I just hate the not knowing.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 4:00pm
The female didn't know what she was doing as far as measurments. This one was planned so I knew for a fact that I got pregnant on march 17th. When I went the next day my ob said that the baby was just forming and I was in my fifth week. Due date given was the same as mines dec 8th. Couples weeks later I went back and the baby was big with a heart beat.

Pages