UltraScreen today

iVillage Member
UltraScreen today
Wed, 05-25-2011 - 11:33am

I had my 3rd appointment yesterday with my OB and I have my ultrascan (1st trimester screening) today. I have to go to the hospital for the screening rather than my doc's office, which is why I have two appts back-to-back. But I don't mind! :smileyhappy:

My husband can't leave work early today so my mom is coming with me to my ultrascreen appointment. I'm excited though because the nurse I was talking to yesterday said we get tons of pictures and they're so detailed. As long as all goes well today, we're going to start telling people.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-25-2011 - 10:47pm
Hope it all went well.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2011 - 4:25pm

It was great! We got tons of pictures of the baby - (s)he even "waved" at us! :smileyvery-happy: The sonographer said the baby had a nasal bone and a normal amount of skin at the neck - both good things! We won't have our final factor rating for a week or so after they couple the ultrascreen results with the blood work they took yesterday. My mom cried, it was sweet. It's her fourth grandbaby but she wasn't able to see any of my sister's u/s's so she was pretty excited.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2011 - 10:03pm
Yay that is wonderful! How special that your mom got to come. I do not think my mom will get the same opportunity since she lives in NY and I am in VA. However I know she would love to. I am glad that everything looked normal.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009