Ultrasound to determine how far along I really am!

iVillage Member
Ultrasound to determine how far along I really am!
Wed, 05-25-2011 - 10:59am

So my first ultrasound left me a little concerned since my LO was measuring a week smaller than I had anticipated so the Dr ordered an official US to determine exactly how far along I am. I did go in on Monday just for a regular prenatal checkup and since I'm 11/12 weeks along the doppler wouldn't pick up the heartbeat so she gave me a quick ultrasound and baby has definitely grown and I could see it's little face, which made me feel 10000000x's better. It wasn't the best quality and she said she didn't want to measure because of it. She almost gave me a heart attack because she took like 3 minutes to find the baby, even when I told her that the other Dr's were way lower when they found where h/she was, she was literally searching all over my stomach. I was just hoping that since I'm a MAJOR worry wort that I could get some extra P&PTs, that everything goes well and that hopefully everything has caught up in size. I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Definitly! Let us know how it goes!
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I hope everything measures out ok.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

The ultrasound went great, baby is measuring 11 weeks 5 days, so only 4 days off of original due date, which I can live with! It was so fun to see h/she wiggling around. Thanks for the positive thoughts ladies :)

iVillage Member
Congrats.. so what's the due date with the new measurments. Almost 12 weeks yaaaay. I will be tomorrow
iVillage Member

Awww, how excting and nerve wracking.Glad to know baby is growing. Can't say much to keep you from worrying. I had my appt and the next day was thinking, maybe I should have ordered a doppler, lol. It's our baby growing inside and it's our nature to be concerned and worry about, well, everything!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
I am so glad things went well. It is always so exciting seeing your little one dancing and wiggling around.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member

The new due date will be 12/9 original was 12/5. Which is kind of a bummer because I feel like I've had to step back 4 days, but I'm just so relieved that LO has been growing normally

iVillage Member

I already feel horrible for this child. If I'm worrying this much with it attached to me imagine when it's a teenager! I'm going to be one of those crazy over protective moms lol!

iVillage Member

Thank you! I'm just super relieved and feel like I can finally get excited. It was the best feeling to see s/he doing flips, I never knew you could love someone you don't even know!