JoAnn Catherine's Birth Story

iVillage Member
JoAnn Catherine's Birth Story
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 5:26pm

On December 20th, I was at work (I work with people who has disabilities and special needs) and my client was doing laps around our mall. I told him I had to go to the bathroom and I would be back. After I came out I felt a lot of pressure, like I had to go again, but I knew my bladder was empty, then I felt a pop, and some trickling. I didn't go into labor on my own with my first daughter so I began texting all the moms I knew asking how they knew their water broke, and in the process of doing this I also called my doctors on call number. It was around 6:15pm. I got response from a friend who is a nurse who told me my water definitely broke and I needed to get to the hospital asap. I called my boss to tell her what happened and she told me to grab my client, get him home and I would have a replacement by 7:30. I called my husband to let him know what happened so he could get the diaper bag ready for the hospital, and get an overnight bag ready for my daughter because she would be staying with my mother and grandmother.

We arrived at the hospital at 8:30, checked in, and I changed and got ready to be checked and everything. We really and truly thought they would just tell me I peed my pants and to stop being so crazy. (I had a lot of issues this pregnancy and I can’t count how many times I went to l&d to deal with them) The nurse checked to see if my water broke and suddenly they came back in with all kinds of paperwork for me to sign and telling me I was being admitted because my water was broken. I got really nervous as they put me in a wheelchair and took me to my delivery room. My mom took my older daughter and left so I could get some rest. My husband and I talked for a bit in between me being checked on by nurses and blood drawn and then we finally went to sleep. The next morning around 5, the nurse came in the get a blood sugar check. By this time I hadn’t eaten in 12 hours so I was hungry and tired and my bs was getting low. My doctor came in around 8 to check on my Pitocin (which I didn’t even realize had started). He said he would be back in a few hours. I was at 2 when he left. Around 10-10:30 I got my epidural because they said even though I wasn’t dilated enough I wasn’t leaving the hospital without having a baby and even if I ended up in C-section the epidural would be ok.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 5:52pm

Congratulations, and welcome again to our board!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 6:55pm

What an awesome birth story!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 7:04pm

I would have gladly

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 7:23pm
What a beautiful girl! Certainly a long labor and delivery but well worth it.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-13-2012 - 11:20am
What a great story. I'm so sorry you had to stay so long but glad that all is well.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 2:49pm
Congratulations on your new baby girl! I love her name.
Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 11:46pm

Thank you!

Photobucket