Any Pre-Term Mommas?

iVillage Member
Any Pre-Term Mommas?
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 8:46am

Just wondering if there are any other mommas who have gone into pre-term labor with their other pregnancies?

With my first I began feeling pubic bone pressure around 28 weeks and sometime around 30 -32 weeks I mentioned it to the midwife and when she checked me I was already 3 - 4 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I was immediately put on terbutaline/brethine and strict bed rest. After a few weeks I was switched to Procardia and then eventually back to Terbutaline.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 9:24am
Wow that sounds stressful. It seems like you did a great job keeping those babies cooking tho! I've always heard that people who have preterm labor are more likely to in subsequent pregnancies as well but I don't have personal experience with it.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 12:15pm

I am a little worried about preterm labor since I had it with my middle boy at 35 weeks. I had horrible cramping and some bleeding with mine and they had to go ahead and get him out. It was scary and the nicu was not a happy place to be sad really.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 3:16pm
My doc is a bit concerned about preterm labor with me if I cant get my weight up. He also, however, assured me there is a TON that can be done for preemies now if anything happens... I myself was born at 7 months on the dot back before all the advances in medical tech, and I suffered no ill effects beyond a vision issue. :) Hope thats at least a little reassuring...
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-11-2011 - 10:09pm
If you have already had preterm labor with two pregnancies, I'd say it is very likely so make sure your ob is well aware of it so they can keep on top of it.
Pregnancy%20ticker