Anybody else still drinking coffee or other caffiene?

iVillage Member
Anybody else still drinking coffee or other caffiene?
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 7:23pm

At my 20 wks u/s, my baby was really really active and I started wondering if it's cause I drink coffee sometimes.

Photobucket

<

Pages

iVillage Member
I am still guilty of drinking caffeine. I work 12 hour shifts at night 3 nights straight. Sometimes by the third night I need something or I will pass out at my desk. It is usually not a lot but I definately need something. I can say at both of my u/s my baby was not overly active. I think moderation is key. Also I think activity really depends some on individual babies and their personalities. However that is just my opinion. :-)

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
I occasionally drink a cup of coffee, probably not even a cup a week, and this baby is hyper. I have been feeling him WAY more than I felt DS at this stage (I actually didn't start feeling DS until about this time). And he kicks so hard to I am already seeing my stomach move when he does. And on top of that, I have an anterior placenta, so shouldn't be able to feel much of anything. I really think that your friend is wrong. Although the caffeine may get to the baby, it should only last as long in them as it does in you, so having some caffeine every now and then during pregnancy shouldn't affect the child after it is born.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I drink one coffee every am and a soda in the afternoon. My baby was so inactive at the u/s that we couldn't even tell gender.
iVillage Member

I'm guilty of caffeine consumption from soda. The gas station across the street had 79 cent 32 oz fountain drinks. My fave is a combo of mostly wild cherry pepsi and cheerwine. I can drink most of it throughout an evening

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member

I don't drink coffee but I do drink a diet Coke every once in a while or have the occasional sweet tea.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I still drink the mini cans of Diet Coke! 25 mg of caffeine apiece... I love Diet Coke and neeeeed it to wake up in the AM. Bad habit learned from mom. It's our version of morning coffee. :)
iVillage Member

Mine too!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Yep. My Dr's ok with it and even the March of Dimes says the risk is minute.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I am!

iVillage Member
yep, I have a can of soda every few days or so and of course, chocolate has caffeine too.

I drank soda with my first and he wasn't overly active. I definitely don't notice any correlation between caffeine drinking to activity in the womb. I try not to drink any soda after noon because I don't always sleep well and I don't want the caffeine to keep me up. My baby is always most active in the evenings though, usually around 7-9pm so I wouldn't think it's the caffeine affecting him.
Photobucket

Pages