Anybody slightly to really disappointed about the gender after finding out?

iVillage Member
Anybody slightly to really disappointed about the gender after finding out?
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 5:22am

I will get my u/s on Aug 5th...at first I was really really hoping for a girl since I have 2 boys, but now I feel like if it's a boy then I'm prepared and ready and will be okay with the idea of having another boy.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member

I really wanted a boy but found out it was a girl. i was pretty diappointed because this is my last and I know this is my last so I dont have anymore chances for a boy but i am ok with it now. It still makes me said but

iVillage Member

Not with this pregnancy but with both of the boys, I was pretty upset. I really wanted to give Makenzie a sister right away. Now though, I wouldn't change it for the world. I would not go back and have them be girls, not from the min I laid my eyes on them. I love my boys and am so thankful for them. I think if this one was a boy, I would not have been upset like with JJ and Nate.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Well, like you, I'm wavering on a boy vs. a girl. At first, I really wanted a girl and, because I feel like I’m having a boy, I knew I would be a little sad. Now, I think, if I have a boy, that's wonderful because my DD will remain my only precious princess. I think I'm finally in a win-win frame of mind so I’ll be happy no matter what.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

With babies # 4 and 5, I was really let down that I was having more

Proud mama of Tiffany(10), Nathan(9),

iVillage Member
Yep, I was really disappointed to hear that I'm having a second boy. My son is 7.5 and I do have a 7 year old Autistic stepdaughter, but was hoping to have a daughter of my own. I was looking forward to doing things with a girl, like ballet class and dolls and I'm still trying to get used to the idea that I'm never going to experience this with my own girl :(
I am excited about having my new son, but still, disappointed none the less.
Photobucket

iVillage Member

This will be my last I'm pretty sure but my mom is telling me to try for a 4th if it's a boy.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
I was/am a little that its a boy. I wanted DD to have a sister. But I am totally ok with having one of each. I am just soooo nervous to raise a boy!
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I think you are so lucky to have one of each.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member

You know, it is funny because when I was pregnant with DS I was a little disappointed because I thought I wanted a girl and then of course once he was born I couldn't imagine it being any other way. Now going into this pregnancy all I know is raising a little boy, so I was hoping for at least one boy going into our u/s. Which naturally meant that we found out we are having two girls! I keep reminding myself that once they get here it will undoubtedly be the same deal...we won't be able to imagine it any other way. In the meantime, though, I keep thinking that I just have so much to learn about raising girls. And here I thought I had it all figured out! lol ;)

iVillage Member

I know what you mean.

Photobucket

<