Anyone do any Christmas shopping yet???

iVillage Member
Anyone do any Christmas shopping yet???
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 7:57am

Has anyone else done any Christmas shopping yet. I am happy to say yesterday I purchased everything online and even though I just purchased it yesterday am it is scheduled for delivery today yay all that is left is stocking stuffers and a few loose ends for my sun but that is hockey stuff so my husband will be finishing that but the other 2 are done. I know it isnt even halloween yet but I am so glad that it is finished now if I can get it all wrapped before the baby comes the first wk of Dec I will be even happerier then all I will have to do is clean a few days before Christmas for the family.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 10:34am
I have started and am almost finished! I have even already wrapped everything in my house I need to. A bulk of my stuff is at Kmart layway. I only have my dad, sister, BIL niece and grandparents left. However I know what I am going to get them. So really it is just a matter of my next paycheck coming in so I can get the rest of it.
I am SO relieved that I am almost done as I know it is going to take all my energy to decorate for Christmas. I cannot imagine going through the crowds trying to purchase things as well.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 11:24am
I haven't even started yet!! Although I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get the shopping done before baby arrives. I have no idea what I'm getting for anyone yet, which might be part of the reason I haven't bought anything, lol. I'm really looking forward to decorating, though. We recently moved into a new house (as the one we had been renting for 2 years was being foreclosed on!!), and it is MUCH bigger and has soooo many more places for me to put stuff. I love to decorate for Christmas.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 12:38pm

I have a list of what I am getting anyone and have just started to pick things up when I see them on sale.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 1:11pm
I'm just about finished for the older kids, I'm actually going to Toys R Us tomrorrow after work to complete the list.

I think for my parents & brother/SIL & MIL everyone is getting gift cards!! I order Scrip through my son's school so that will be easy enough :)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 1:32pm
I'll be going to my daughter's book fair next week to pick up a few things. I prefer to shop during Christmas season because it just feels more Christmasy. Plus, we don't have a lot of storage so I wouldn't have anywhere to put things this far in advance. I'm on a rag wreath making kick so I might do one for everyone now.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 3:32pm

I agree southerngirl1014 decorating for xmas is gonna take a lot outta us lol and I am not fond of shopping dueingholidays when I am prego I already am uncomfortable then you have to deal with a million ppl...No thank you. I am glad I am not the only crazy person finishing xmas shopping in Oct...

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 3:58pm
I'm not too worried about putting decorations up; it's the coming down that scares me. Will it get done before May? lol
Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 4:16pm

Oh yeah!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 4:49pm

I'm close to done! I have just a couple things left that are bigger items...thinking about looking for black friday deals and wait until then to finish. The majority is done...so next is wrapping and shipping!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 4:55pm
Don't worry about decorations not coming down until May......we moved Oct. 1-8 (just a few weeks ago) and I still had a few Christmas things up! There were some lights above the front door that we had forgotten were up there (since the batteries died and they didn't light up anymore) and 2 or 3 stockings still on the wall. Pathetic, I know! Hopefully I'll do much better this year about getting things put away in a timely manner, lol.

Photobucket

Pages