Anyone else use a home doppler?

iVillage Member
Anyone else use a home doppler?
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 4:13pm

I was wondering if anyone else is using a home doppler? I've had one since about 6 weeks, started trying to use it at 9 weeks and can finally find the hb at home. It's super reassuring to a mommy who has experienced several losses. I love that even when I can't find the hb because nugget is moving around too much, I can still hear him/her moving around!

So for those of you who have a home doppler, how often are you using it? I've read differing thoughts on how often you should (or shouldn't) use it. I've tried limiting myself to once a week, but I'm not successful at that anymore, I find myself using it about every other day for about 3-5 minutes or so depending on if I can find the hb quickly or if I'm listening to nugget move cuz I can't find the hb.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 5:25pm
I have a doppler at work (I am a vet tech). And I usually use it about once a week. I found it for the first time around 10 weeks. Some days I can find it, some I can't. But I don't think there really is anything unsafe about using it. At the last hospital I worked at, we had an ultrasound machine. When I was pregnant with DD, I would take a look several times a week :) and she is fine :)

I love that I can go and hear the heartbeat when ever I want usually. Isn't it awesome?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 8:09pm
Its nice for when u need reassurance, but right now its not for me. I haven't even heard the hb at the doctors office
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 9:22pm

I rented one. I have about 3 weeks left. I've used it the past two mornings, then I won't for a day or two, then I will a couple days again. SOoooo whenever I feel like it I guess?!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !