Anyone getting maternity photos

iVillage Member
Anyone getting maternity photos
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 7:21pm
Anyone getting maternity photos done or newborn photos? I was thinking about doing something simple like sears to capture the belly but I think I want something more creative. I also want something intimate.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 7:24pm
I have a friend that does photography, so I think we may do them, but I'm not sure yet. It seems like a fun way to remember the pregnancy though :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 7:55pm
I like other people's but I HATE taking pictures of any kind...and pics that involve my bare stretchmarked belly....hello to the no! :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 8:01pm

I wont be, only because I didn't have it done with the other 3. I will however get a birth photographer to be there to capture her birth since my mom will most likely not be here for her birth like she was the others and she was the one that made sure to get all the pics. I don't want DH trying to be my coach and taking pictures. Plus, :-/ I'm not sure I want him messing with my DSLR camera. He knows nothing about it and I'm sure he would either mess it up lol, or I would have crappy pictures. So anyways, I think I will definitely be getting a birth photographer. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 8:05pm

I won't be getting maternity photos, but I am going to have some newborn pictures taken after she arrives.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 8:19pm
I don't know yet. We had maternity photos done with my DS (on his due date, actually, lol), but they were free because the photographer was trying to expand her portfolio. She really was great and took wonderful photos. So if we do get some done, it will probably be with her. We were gonna get some newborn photos done with her too, but everything was so hectic after his birth that I never got around to contacting her until he was really too old for them to be newborn photos (again, she wanted them for her portfolio so they would have been free). We did get some done at the hospital, though. They didn't really take many photos but they were good ones, so I know we'll probably do that again.

Photobucket