Anyone still able to sleep on their stomach?

iVillage Member
Anyone still able to sleep on their stomach?
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 1:20pm

So I have been able to up until this point but I think that time has come to an end. I don't fully sleep on my stomach but more 1/2 on my side and 1/2 on one side of my stomach, if that makes since. Well I have been noticing the last couple of nights that after being in that position for a few mins I feel Adelaide wiggling to the the other side of my stomach/uterus. I will turn over on my back to feel where she is and sure enough she will be in a ball at the side I was not laying on, like I'm bothering her. I don't want to bother or squish her so I guess its time to give up the tummy sleeping :( which I'm not to thrilled about, its my most fav sleep position.

So how many others are still able to sleep on their tummy? Do you notice that your little one will move to the other side?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 1:31pm
I sleep in that same sort of side, sort of stomach position. I haven't felt him move around too much for it, so I'm still going for it - it could be because I put a body pillow under my belly though. I always wake up on my back which freaks me out since I've heard you're not supposed to back sleep, but really every position is just not that comfortable.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 1:51pm
I sleep on my side, but I usually wake up on my back
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 1:51pm

Sleep...ugh...

It is getting really difficult for me to sleep.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 2:37pm

Ames, have you tried the wonderful recliner? lol.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 4:09pm
I sleep in pretty much the same position as you right now. I'll start out on my left side like we're supposed to and then wake up for one of my several bathroom trips throughout the night to find myself 1/2 stomach and 1/2 side sleeping. Once I get up I feel the baby uncurl and stretch out like it is thankful to finally be able to have some room.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 5:44pm
I'm not sleeping on my stomach, but I do lay on my stomach a lot when I'm working on school projects. So far its been ok.

I just hate sleeping on my side. I'm a back sleeper by nature. I feel so uncomfortable on my side.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 9:04pm

Wellllll not really as of about now also. I usally do this turn on my right side, throw my left leg up real high and roll over towards my left leg as far as the belly will let me. And I do notice Ella will either start kicking around sometimes or move over. I'm sure she is fine in there but it's become uncomfortable for me, like theres something stuffed underneath me thats kind of hardish. I'd love to try a preggo pillow at this point but won't buy one.

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 9:43pm
I flop all over at night, but I have the same issue when I wake up kinda on my stomach. I feel the little guy wiggling around like "MOM. You're SQUISHING ME". lol So I try really hard to avoid that. If it keeps up I'm going to do a wall 'o' pillows to prevent it.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 11:57am
Yeah, I pretty much sleep the same way, with a pillow under one knee to prop me up a bit but the wiggling is disconcerting and so I've been sleeping more on my true sides. Unfortunately this is resulting in extremely sore and aching hips and I'm not getting much sleep at all :(
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 2:27pm

Ugh, sleeping, I've been tossing and turning and getting little sleep