August Roll Call!

iVillage Member
August Roll Call!
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 9:45am

Happy August everyone!!!  I can't believe summer is almost over!  

Who is here?

How has your summer been?

Excited, sad, or indifferent about school starting again soon?

Is baby mobile yet?

What is baby's favorite thing to eat?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 10:20pm

Who is here?

Ali Claire and I

How has your summer been?

Good just busy!  We are finally starting to settle down a little bit which hopefully means she will get into more of a schedule.

Excited, sad, or indifferent about school starting again soon?

I'm excited!  For one, it means I am finally going back to work (I teach college and have only been teaching online since I had AC) which I am excited about, and it means DS goes back to preschool from 9-noon everyday.  Trust me, after all of us spending several months together I am ready to get back into our normal routine!

Is baby mobile yet?

Yes and into everything!  I never realized how many toys DS has with small parts until AC started moving around.

What is baby's favorite thing to eat?

Still milk from me.  We have been starting to try out different solids though (finally), but she doesn't seem overly excited about any of them yet.  She absolutely LOVES ice water though!  Every time I have a glass she always wants some.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 10:53pm
Jill and baby Ella here....
Summer has been good. We enjoyed a trip to the beach for vaca. Just playing all day & trying to stay cool!
I'm verrrry timid about school. My oldest starts kindergarten. She seems plenty ready. I'm so NOT. Even when I worked she went to the same center I worked at & my kids are RARELY babysat. We will see how it goes.
Ella is as mobile as a fish on land....she is lucky to get somewhere by squirming. Shes so laid back. Seems capable of stuff just in no hurry to show us.
Her fave meal is boob milk. I offer her things. It depends on the day/time. Ive not had a child to refuse food...until now. Whew...this girl lets me know. Give her a boob or else! She does love blueberries. I just mash it in my fingers & let her get a little nibble.
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 4:59am
Noelle and mommy Dixie are here!

Summer has been decent enough. We did do a mini vacation to the indoor water park. That was fun and a good trial run for our trip to disney in september.

Im indifferent about school starting since right now it doesnt really affect me.

Oh Noelle is quite mobile. Its still only army crawling but she is quite good about movingto things she shouldnt.

Mommy milk is still probably her first choice. However a very close second is oranged. She also has really been enjoying avacados.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 5:00am
Oranges I mean. Lol

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:22am

Jill, I'm glad to hear AC isn't the only one with a clear preference for BM!  I keep thinking that at some point if I keep offering her solids she'll be interested, right?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:05am
Oh yes. I know they will like solids more. I couldnt believe though how clearly Ella shows her preference.I sit her in the bumbo for food. She will start pushing her feet down & throwing her head back in refusal! Just now she ate a little mixed fruit, but after a few bites, literally, she did the kick & all. I've noticed she does way better with a tiny snack whenever shes receptive vs a "meal." Maybe AC would do well with a light snack too?
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 11:21am
Who is here? - Julie & Dillon

How has your summer been? - just finished a big project at work so August is more laid back, finally! Was able to take off three consecutive days to just play with the kids and that was great :smileyhappy: Back to work today though! We are going to Disneyland in two weeks, I'm counting down the days...

Excited, sad, or indifferent about school starting again soon? - Excited and anxious for my 3rd grade son...his old school (Catholic) closed down permanently because of low enrollment so he's starting at public school at the end of the month & I'm hoping he'll make some new friends quickly. He's not so great with changes like this, though I'm trying to make it a smooth transition for him, there is only so much I can do! My 3rd grade stepdaughter is special needs so she doesn't have much change, she'll have the same classroom & teacher that she had last year.

Is baby mobile yet? - Oh yeah!! He's been crawling for months and pulling himself up on furniture for a while too. He will even transfer himself from one piece to another. Now he's been climbing the stairs quicker than a wink, which drives us nuts! They are metal bar stair rails so we can't really apply a gate, my husband will have to rig something together I think.

What is baby's favorite thing to eat? - Everything!! LOL He likes food with texture (I tried to give him stage 2 puree and he cried & wouldn't eat it, I guess it wasn't lumpy enough). He likes to pick up food now, like pieces of waffle, fruit, chopped veggies or those puff and yogurt melts. I'm hoping that he continues to have a good appetite and eats a range of foods like my son, he loves food and will try anything which is so nice :smileyhappy:
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 3:13pm

I'm back after a loooong hiatus!

Our summer has been great.  We just got back from a super fun camping trip.

I'm both excited and sad about school starting in September.  Excited because KINDERGARTEN is a big new step for Monkey, but sad because this is the last of his being my little boy -- he's growing up.

Mayhem isn't mobile yet.  He's a little bit motor delayed, so he just started rolling over both ways at 7 months and he can't hold himself sitting yet.  He sure wants to crawl, though!

His favourite thing to eat is still cereal.  He likes carrots, but he goes crazy when he sees a bowl full of cereal.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:26pm

Who is here? - Patty &JoAnn

How has your summer been? - Its been long, hot and pretty boring. We moved to a new place, and its been a lot different!!

Excited, sad, or indifferent about school starting again soon? - Excited. My oldest should be starting headstart/preschool this year.

Is baby mobile yet? - Somewhat. She rolls around, and sits up and scoots around.

What is baby's favorite thing to eat? - Table food. She will NOT eat baby food. She ate it for a while and then she refused so I gave her some table food. Now she wants it. ALL THE TIME. lol

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 9:31pm

So good to see you back Rhae!!!  I was actually wondering about you lately and how everything is going.  Hope to see you around the board more often!

Photobucket

Pages