Babies Back To Back

iVillage Member
Babies Back To Back
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 9:15am
Rj and my oldest are six years apart. Rj and Skylar will be 13 months apart. How do I deal with a toddler and a newborn???? Any of you ladies delt with a toddler and a newborn at the sametime. Can I get some tips, hints, advice, warnings lol anything?
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 2:59pm

My 2 older are about 20 months apart. I have no advice :smileysad: It all just gets done somehow. Just don't leave the two of them alone in a room together. Even though your baby now (RJ) will seem like he grows up overnight, he is still a baby even after the new babe is here. He may do things unintentionally that aren't good for teeny babes, like feed them popcorn or try to help by picking them up! (and prob dropping them) Good luck, you'll get it!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 11:43am

Monster and Mayhem are 18 months apart.  It's tough at first, but it becomes more manageable as they get older.  My biggest piece of advice is don't forget that RJ still has baby needs -- don't treat him differently just because there's a new baby in the mix.  And hang in there!  You can do it.  :smileyhappy: