Baby dropped?

iVillage Member
Baby dropped?
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 12:47pm
So I have numerous people now commenting about how I look like I could have baby at any time but that I don't look like the baby has dropped yet. On the orherhand, my Dr says the baby is extremely low. Doesn't that mean the baby has dropped?

I really feel like I am going to pop and love hearing everyone share their shock that I still have 3 weeks :) I am definitely all baby with small weight gain (just like with my DS) so really thinking this is going to be a boy!
Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 1:15pm
I never dropped with Olivia but I read it happens later which each pregnancy. I would guess if the Dr said the baby is low then you have dropped. 3 weeks! Wow!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 1:29pm
Yes, if ur baby is really low it means the baby has dropped into position. Atleast that's what my doctor said because RJ is really really low. She said that once my water breaks I wouldn't have to push that many times. Also I had a feeling that the baby dropped because my shirts fits differently.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 1:52pm

this is my 3rd pregnancy and this one dropped at 27weeks (i'll be 34 tomorrow)....i dont really remember my last 2 dropping. i was worried that he was going to come before he was "full term" but the dr assured me that dropping does really have anything to do with how soon labor will happen. if you can breath easier and walk a little funnier now i'd say you've dropped. i also noticed more pressure down there too.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 3:20pm
Mine has dropped. I can tell by the slope of my stomach, lol. And when I sit, the pressure is totally different now than it was earlier in the pregnancy. I don't remember when my DS dropped....but I know he did, and when it was time to push him out, I only had to push for 28 minutes before he arrived! I'm hoping that I don't have to push very long with this one either. But the pp is right, if the doc says he/she is sitting low, and you are now waddling instead of actually walking, it's a good bet baby has dropped. Oh, and like you I'm pretty much ALL baby weight (I'm only up about 20lbs so far, only gained 25 total with my first), and I waddle everywhere, lol.

Photobucket