baby position in belly

iVillage Member
baby position in belly
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 3:28pm
Anyone who recently had a ultrasound knows the position of your baby in your belly? Can you tell the position of your baby. I don't know where this baby is but I believe he changed positions because my belly is smaller. All this moving he's doing he's prob flipped several times. I feel movements on the lower and upper part of my body at the same time.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 3:42pm

I had an ultrasound a little over a week ago and she was transverse (side to side across my stomach) but hangs out more on the right side.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 4:15pm

I couldn't tell you exactly how she is in there but can sure tell when she moves! I think she is sideways bc of the way

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 12:56pm
I can't tell exactly which is head & which is backside LOL but I do know that generally he's laying side to side across the lower part of my stomach. That's pretty much how my oldest was too, just until about 2 weeks before I delivered then he moved head down (and then my stomach REALLY popped out). I think he flipped at some point on Friday because I was getting some major kicking & shifting at the top of my uterus, just around my bra line.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 1:19pm
He was head down at the last appointment but I can tell he's all over the place. Olivia always hung out on the right side so I hope this baby hangs out on the left to help even out my flub.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 1:31pm
Lol even out ur flub, I wonder if that helps!?! Cause my stomach sit up higher on one side lol only with my eyes
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 6:10pm

Adelaide has been side to side forever now and would hang out waaay low in my tummy. She always felt like a huge loaf of bread laying sideways in the lower part of my tummy. Then last night at some point she turned and is now up and down in my tummy, I can feel her from top to bottom. I'm thinking head up because I'm feeling her kick's super low. I have my 20 week U/S tomorrow so we will see how correct I am ;) unless she moves again. I have definitely been more comfortable today too.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 12:12pm

Baby is roughly head down, which I figured before I had my u/s on Saturday because I can feel movement around my ribs even though my uterus isn't up there yet -- Baby's kicking all my organs around!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 1:17pm
I hope so! My old OB said my stomach might always be that way since the baby spent most of her time on the one side. I'm the only one who notices it, too.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 1:25pm
Omg today I either felt the baby butt or head on my right side. It was sooooo hard and solid at the top of my stomach and little kicks or punches at the bottom. I now know that this little man is all over the place. Its such a weird uncomfortable feeling. I place my hand on my stomach with a little pressure and I can feel it all. Yesterday I ate two packs of twizzlers.. yes two packs, soo good lol but anyway by time I picked dh up from work the baby thought he was at a rock concert and fist pumping lol
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 9:49pm
at my last ultrasound at 22 weeks he was breech. and he is ALWAYS on the right side of my belly. I have a huge lump on the right side of my belly right now. its so weird!
Photobucket

Pages