Baby product Recommendations

iVillage Member
Baby product Recommendations
Thu, 08-25-2011 - 7:12pm

We are expecting our second son coming on Christmas Day this year and we are planning to get a new high chair for our current son who will be a year old next month. Any recommendations on a good, reliable high chair?

Also we are going to be getting a double stroller as they will both be so close in age we can't expect our son to walk everywhere so any recommendations on brands that are good, easy, light and durable?

Baby Bouncer recommendations? Small and easy to store. We have a Carter's Swing right now but that is too large now for the space so we are going to sell that and get a new one.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-25-2011 - 10:49pm

I like the Fisher Price Space Saver high chair because it takes up very little room. Also, it is adjustable (for reclining) so it can be used for infant feeding as well. You just need to have a chair at your kitchen table to attach it to; no seperate piece of equipment. They didn't make them when my DDs were babies, but I will definitely be getting one this time.They also convert to a booster when they are toddlers.

How old is your older child? It's hard to do a stroller recommendation without an age / size.

Bouncers

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-25-2011 - 11:22pm

I love our Ikea high chair.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-26-2011 - 9:58am
I was going to get something like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-High-Chair-Scatterbugs/15529248 but someone gave me a regular one. I got rid of Olivia's chair way early because she used it for climbing.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-26-2011 - 11:29am
He will be a year old next month. I have heard that the Chicco double stroller is pretty easy and good to use but I am not too sure. I have a Chicco keyfit car seat though and we plan to use that for our new baby so perhaps getting a Chicco Double stroller may be the best option right now...

I had used a bumbo for my current son and he loved it!
but you are right, a lot of the stuff they use for such a short time is super expensive. It's hard when you are working on a tight budget :(
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-26-2011 - 8:33pm

We have the Graco classic wooden highchair which I love, but if you are looking for something you can easily store then you probably wouldn't want it since it does not fold up or anything.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-27-2011 - 11:38am
I used it for when I had to do something around the house because the bumbo was so easy to move from one room to another. My baby also sat up on his own pretty early but I used it for support and safety as I have little four legged friends so I didn't want him to get knocked over. I just received a magazine from Target and they even now sell slip covers for the Bumbo! It's amazing what they come up with these days.

Yes, I am looking for something light and easy to fold and put into the car as well .I am not that tall and such so having something light would make it a lot easier for me to use and such.

Thanks
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 9:03pm

I'm a consignment sale junkie, so you may want to check some local sales to stock up on cheaper baby gear. I got a Bumbo for this baby for $5 with the tray! I also got most of my other stuff at 1/3 of the price I would pay new. And since it is used so gently / outgrown so quickly, everything is in great shape! The only things I have left to buy new are the highchair / feeding seat (Space Saver), the swing, and a Moby wrap (just because I really want one :)